Wednesday 22 August 2012

Simon Says ….. Back to School


Good afternoon to you all, thank goodness for challenges or I would never know what day it is, I am so confused this week with my shifts. I finished my nights on Monday morning and I am back at work today for 13 hours of fun in A&E (or the Emergency Department as we are supposed to call it). I should hopefully be having my lunch right about now and have only got 6 hours left to do before I can tootle on home. Doubt I will get any crafting done tonight or tomorrow but I have some things planned for my days off that I want to colour so hopefully my blog won’t be too neglected.

So onto this week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. It is getting to that time of year when parents start to look a little happier because their kids are all heading back to school. So it seemed like the perfect theme for this week ……

BACK TO SCHOOL


The design team are all using products by Sizzix so do have a look for some great inspiration. You don’t have to use Sizzix products but if you do we would love to see them.



I have gone for an autumnal feel for my card today, after all it is the autumn term isn’t it. I am just loving my new Prima ‘Autumn Splendor’ glittered leaves which are glittered – wow, these are right up my street!



I have used this gorgeous image by The Greeting Farm. You will have to excuse my slightly peachy looking little lady – I am needing to get a couple of refills so I better get that sorted for next time … maybe she has just got back from an exotic holiday lol. I am not too sure about my little dots this time around my main image …. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, no big deal though hey.




I didn’t have the correct coloured flowers so I coloured mine to match with my Copics – I really do think I may just buy white from now on and do this all the time … guaranteed coordinating blooms every time! I used some really lovely textured blooms by Hero Arts.

You all know by now that if you are the lucky winner then you are set to win a $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp Online Store – yes that’s right …. are we crazy????? Perhaps but you know that you have a great selection of goodies to spend it on so you would be crazy not to join in!!

Here is my product list …

*Sizzix Sizzlits Die SWIRLY VINE Basic Grey 657230*Carta Bella BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS 6 x 6 Paper Pad Echo Park CBBM1014*Prima Flowers AUTUMN Splendor Collection Leaves 553548*Hero Arts 70 FLOWERS WHITE AND CREAM ch165*Martha Stewart CHERRY BLOSSOM Punch Around The Page Craft Set  42 60054*Copic 12 Bold BASIC SKETCH MARKER SET Colors*Tonic Studios BUTTERFLY Multi Detail Punch 925A

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

Challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday – Let’s Hear It For The Girls

The Crazy Challenge – Anything Goes

Lexi’s Creations – Back to School / College

Cutie Pie – Borders & Frames

All That Scraps – Using Dies

Crafts & Me – Autumn Colours

Divas by Design – Anything Goes

Latinas in America – Back to School

Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog – Lots of Layers

   

Have a brilliant day. If any of you are my followers you may be interested in my candy …. you can find it here  xxx

36 comments:

Lin said...

Lots of thought went into this lovely card - love your autumn colors, Marcea, so rich!

Jingle said...

This is so cute! I love the glittered butterflies!

Sandra H said...

Gosh your card is stunning and the glitter is amazing all around the card totally beautiful xx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Marcea :-) such a cute image and the colours papers and embellies are all beautiful ,,, :-)

I think you will be home by now so I hope you have your feet up by now :-)

luv
Lols x x x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabby creation Marcea

ali x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, love the gorgeous ribbon bow! Hugs Frea

Penny said...

Marcea, she is just too cute! Love the papers and colors you chose! Great use of the die cuts and pearls. :^)
Hugs,
Penny

julie_woolston said...

This is beautiful Marcea, gorgeous colours and detail.


Hugs Julie xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable card, Marcea! I love the touches of sparkle and the fall leaves and colors! Perfect for back to school!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such a sweet card! LOVE the elements of Autumn. They go hand in hand with 'back to school.'

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Marcea, this is just beautiful. Love everything about it. All the elements work so well together. Hope you are having a fab week. I gentle invite you to visit my Blogspot Bettyscraftsandpaperdesign and Dream Crafty Online Shop "Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de" It would be a glory for me, if you linked my Online Banner on your glamorous Blogspot. So it make it possible, all the creativ, friends worldwide, find my dream online shop too! If you have linked my Banner, please write me a little comment, afterwards I`ll send you as "Thank you" a gift from me lovely roses from "Marianne Design" Many Hugs from Marina

Lisa Carroll said...

Absolutely love this, Marcea! Sooo very pretty... love the colors and all the glittery touches, too! :)

debby4000 said...

Oh love your gorgeous card Marcea, sweet image.
luv
Debby

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the image. fab colours x

Claveh said...

Beautiful card Marcia, I love the embellishments you have used too, really lovely. Thanks for sharing. xxx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Marcea!! Love that sweet image!!

hugs...

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love your colouring of the the adorable image and the card design is wonderful.Your Copic coloured flowers match perfectly and the bow and butterflies are a great finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

Lisa xx said...

Hi Marcea, such a sweet card and the colour combi is just gorgeous, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Marcela Arce said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for participating. Marce DT Latinas en America :D

Marcela Arce said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for participating!! Marce DT Latinas en America

Marghe said...

beautiful, thank you for participating with us in Latin America....

Dangina Martinez said...

So Pretty! Love the color combo and image.
Thank You for joining us here at All That Scraps this time around.
Good Luck & Tons of Hugs, Dangina

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Thanks for playing in Latinas in America,
Your card is really beautiful and delicate
I loved
you have very good luck

Post-Data: Remember to enter the game you must have our button in your sidebar

laude said...

Hello, thank you for participating in LATINAS EN AMERICA, a beautiful card, and the beautiful colors so beautiful stamps The Greeting Farm, suerte.Saludos ...

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Marcea. This is absolutely beautiful. Wonderful colours, great design and fab image. You attention to detail is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations.
Sandra xx

Joy said...

Love all the glittery features on this card and what a cutie image..hugs

Nicola said...

Beautiful card, image and layout. Your accents are fabulous. xxx

Paras said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

sara said...

really sweet card love the colour combo thanks so much for joining us at crafts & me this week
hugs sara x x

Latinas en America said...

Beautiful card, love it!!

Thanks for participate in latinas en america

Gaby B

Unknown said...

Love it... thanks for playing with us at Latinas en America.

Tahi

Sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Divas.
Sarah-Jane xx

cheiron said...

WOW...I love all the elements on this card and the fab color combo!

Unknown said...

Hi Marcea, such a pretty card. Really cute image and great flowers.

Thanks for joining in with us at the Cutie Pies this time.

Sarah

Kelly said...

Such a lovely creation! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps, hugs, Kelly

The Archiving Angel said...

Wow! Again so much detail.
Love your colors and coloring.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes