Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Paper Shelter – Photo Inspiration



Good afternoon and here I am again, Wednesdays are a busy day for me lol. I am just loving being part of The Paper Shelter design team, I have found a new pleasure from my colouring again which is so nice. The images lend themselves to bright colours so easily.

We have a photo inspiration for you this week so please pop over to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog to have a look and join in.




I had a hunt through my papers to see what I could use for the colour scheme I had in mind and found these Basic Grey papers that I haven’t used in ages. I usually chose my papers first before colouring my image, I find it works better for me this way and I am also more likely to try different shades etc.


The image is another of this months new releases and is called Spring Swing II and can be purchased from The Paper Shelter. I really enjoyed colouring her. The edges have been coloured using eye shadow – I bought a palette with about 160 colours from eBay and use it instead of chalks to add a touch of colour.



All finished with my usual flowers and pearls …..and some feathers!!!!! I meant to say that the sentiment is a die cut from Craftwork Cards and I have had it for ages.

Challenges:

The Crazy Challenge – Feminine/Girly
Cards Galore – Celebration
Sunday Sketch & Stamp – Sketch #56
Crafty Creations – Feminine cards
Creative Inspirations – Anything Goes
 

16 comments:

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What lovely card! So cute image and beautiful colors.
Helena

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card and I love the colours . Isnt she adorable Marcea, well done Hugs Elaine

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card, the image is really pretty and I love your choice of backing papers.
Lorraine x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Marcea,
Gorgeous card,fab image and papers :) x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card and I love the combination of papers...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card wonderfully coloured. Big hugs Jo x

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card Marcea! Love that image and your colouring and I love the DP you used. Hugs, Frea

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card and fab layout.

Hugs Julie x

Sandra H said...

Gosh your card is stunning!! absolutely fabulous colouring and lovely papers its just so beautiful xx

June Nelson said...

What a beautiful card Marcea love the colour combo and the sweet image its gorgeous xxxxx

coops said...

wow so stunning marcea.i love your pretty colours and details and the image is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Betty said...

This is stunning Marcea love the idea about the eyeshadow off to look on ebay. I always have trouble doing the edges
bettyxxx

Uma said...

fantastic colouring, beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

Linda said...

As always this is simply gorgeous!! very lovely work.. hugs, Linda

Pam said...

Lovely colours thanks for joining us at the Crazy Challenge

Hugs Pam x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes