Saturday 28 April 2012

Thomas tackles a few challenges


Good morning, just checking it is actually still morning. Woohoo, I have a whole weekend off but poor hubby is working :o(  ….. typical or what!

However it does mean I can do a bit of crafting and I have lots of DT work and a couple of orders to make so I should be kept out of trouble.

Today I am sharing a card that I made a couple of weeks ago for an old friend to give to his daughter. I don’t usually make specific cards for people to order because I am always worried they won’t like them.






It it yonks since I used a LOTV stamp, especially little Thomas but he is just so cute and easy to colour that I had loads of fun. It is also yonks since I used the word yonks rofl.






I added some little sparkly dots to the flower centres, always need a little bit of sparkle somewhere on my cards.







I found some lovely little organza flowers in my stash and couldn’t believe how lucky I was that they matched perfectly the ribbon I had already used. So they got stuck on as an after thought but I love them, must remember I have got them tucked away for future cards.







I wasn’t sure how the bunting would look when I had the idea in my head but I think it kind of works and is a nice little surprise when the card is opened.






Last pic, honest! Piccie of matching box. Now I have started decorating my boxes I don’t think I can go back to plain white ones. It just helps to finish it all off and is then a nice keepsake don’t you think?


Right, I need a cuppa – had a night out last night with some fab friends but it was a bit of a late night/early morning and I had only just finished my nights and was a little sleep deprived. I managed to dance the night away though – well, I couldn’t let the side down could I lol.
Challenges:
Bunny Zoe’s Crafts – Ribbon/twine
The Crazy Challenge – Feminine/girly
Lexi’s Creations – punches/dies
Cards Galore – Celebration
Creative Craft Challenges – Animal Antics
Deep Ocean Challenge – Punches/dies
Oldie but a Goodie – In the Garden (stamp)
Crafty Creations – Cards for little girls
Creative Inspirations – Anything Goes
Southern Girls – Get your girly on
Cute Card Thursday – Animal Magic
Crafty Catz – Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy – Punches/dies
Stampin’ for the Weekend – Sparkle and shine
Secret Crafter – Cute n fluffy
Pile it On – Sparkle and Shine
Stamptacular Sunday – Loaded with Layers
……hmmm I talk too much cos it is now the afternoon rofl!

Have a fab weekend xxxxxxxxxxxx

28 comments:

rosie said...

wow Marcea. this is amazing. love the image. great colours. fab idea with the bunting inside the card.

Pam Leng said...

Wow Marcea this is stunning just love love love the bunting

Pam xxx

Nicola said...

Ooh what a beautiful gift Marcea, so special with all your fabulous detail. The card is gorgeous with Thomas coloured to perfection and these papers and floral accents are so pretty. Love the personalised banner on your beautifully decorated insert and your box is to die for. Really must start making my own boxes too now that you have inspired me so much. -x-

NancyD said...

Really lovely card and box. I love that image and your flowers are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Mau xx said...

Wow! Gorgeous card and box Marcea, I love your sweet image and the colours and detail are Beautiful.
Thanks for joining MAWTT this week.
Hugs mau xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so full of fun and loveliness. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Francesca said...

Beautiful creation
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge this fortnight and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

julie_woolston said...

Wow Marcea this is a stunning card,I'm sure the recipient loved it.

Hugs Julie x

Céline said...

gorgeous love the combo
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. I love the bunting inside. Love the colours and all the details.
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Marcea.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

I love your gorgeous spring card Marcea, inside and out. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
Pinky

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning what a great card and box, Love how when you open it you get the bunting with her name, thanks for sharing and playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxo

Janice said...

Great card Marcea & a super little stamp. Love your card design too & your beautiful matching box. Fab idea with the surprise bunting. Thanks for joining us at An Oldie But A Goodie this time & I hope it won't be "yonks" till we see you again!!!Jx

Unknown said...

Hi Marcia, what a lovely card, I love the way you did the inside too! HUgs, Frea

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

StephG said...

what a great idea for the inside of the card...I love image! thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

coops said...

gorgeous card marcea.stunning sweet image and your colours and details are really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

downrightcrafty said...

Just gorgeous thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge for our Cute and Fluffy Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful work as always a beautiful card and box set, love it! Jo xxx

Claveh said...

Marcea this is lovely, I hope you do well with it in your challenge quest.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, just love the colours & the bunting genius idea!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

June Nelson said...

Aw this is gorj,love your colour cobo and design really really pretty xxxxxxxxxx

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful creation Marcea! So love LOTV images....who wouldn't!

Thanks for sharing your project with us at Southern Girls Challenge.

Shell~Alaska
SGC~DT

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Bunny Zoe crafts ♥

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card, love all the details and the surprise on opening the card...gorgeous.


Thanks for joining in with us at ‘Fussy and Fancy’

Luv CHRISSYxx

michele said...

Gorgeous card & box Marcea! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the bunting inside!
Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes