Wednesday 24 February 2010

Super delish papers and image - what's not to love!

Hi there, how has your day been? I am much, much better and have been at university today filling the gap between my ears full of knowledge, lol. I made this card last night and couldn't wait to get home today to post it because I lurve it sooooo much (isn't it fab when you like something you make yourself??!!). Tracy from Dies To Die For sent me these gorgeous My Minds Eye 'Lush' papers in aqua and it was love at first sight ..... I need more of these and in all colours I think, love, love, love them!!



Copics

Top - R00, YR02, YR61
Trousers - G000, G00, YG41
Hat - E50, E51, E53
Hair - E31, E33, E35
Leaves - YG11, G14
Cat - C1, C3, C5
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20




Challenges

Papertake Weekly - Sketch #35
Your Next Stamp - Spring Colours
Stamp Something - Touch of Spring




Materials

Well, how lovely is this sweet Belles and Whistle stamp, I adore all Elizabeth Bell's work and this is no exception, such a pleasure to colour. Of course I have mentioned these delish papers already so make sure you check them out before I buy them all!!! Think I have a new addiction coming on, oh dear!! The flowers are from my stash and I think the large one was from Poppicrafts which I bought many moons ago - I livened it up a bit by punching the petal edges with my beloved MS Doily Lace Punch ... nice little touch I thought. Craftworks sentiment again and my papermania mosaic gems (am I so predictable, lol). The sparkly icing on the cupcake is from my lovely Spica pen that Tracy sent me (remember to store these flat ... as I found out!).
Expect to see these papers later in the week .... told you I was addicted. Have a lovely evening xxx


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card Marcea, I really love the punch touch on the flowers. This stamp is so elegant and the colors you used match perfectly with.
Gorgeous creation !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Your card is sweet and lovely! Wonderful colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

lisa said...

Hi Marcea.
So sorry to hear you've been poorly but glad you're feeling better now.
What a gorgeous card. I love your image and punching those beautiful flowers is inspired. I shall have to remember that, it works a treat.

Lisax

Teresa said...

Ilove the colours you have used in your card Marcea, this image is so sweet.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marcea ,,, I love visiting your blog ,,, always an inspiration ,,,, everything about this is stunning ! I love it :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Victoria said...

fab card Marcea, love the punched edges on the flower - very pretty
Hugs
Victoria
x

Sarah said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, your colouring is amazing, love the soft colours xxx

Annika said...

Perfect yummyness all around! I can't say too many good words about your colouring - it looks so effortless and natural. Beyond fab!

I might (cough) have to steal your idea about using MS punch on flower petals sometime, I was wondering where you got that cool flower before I actually read the post! :D

I know all about drooling feelings towards MME papers, they are just so darn touchable and the colours and patterns are always delish!

Hope you're well!
Hugs
Annika

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nic aka The Sticky Elf said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. I love this stamp but it has been out of stock whenever I've tried to buy it. One day it WILL be mine - LOL!

Beautiful colouring and the papers are just perfect.
Nxxx

kelly ledder said...

oh marcea this is delice! i need to send you a thank you card will email xx

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Marcea, just love those papers and what a gorgeous image.

Hugs,

Jo x

Dianne said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful details. The punch on the flowers looks fantastic.

Marina said...

Wow!!! This is sooo gorgeous!
The papers are really pretty and your colouring of this little girl is just fantastic.

Hugs,
Marina

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, you've been weaving the Marcea magic again - another absolutely stunningly beautiful card babe. Papers are indeed to die for and the image is so darn cute! Loving it. Hugs, Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
glad to hear you are feeling better. Gorgeous card luv the colour combo, fantastic colouring as always, scrummy papers, sue,x

Jane said...

Glad to hear your feeling better Marcea!! Your card is stunning, I love the gorgeous soft colours and your colouring is so amazing! Love the punching on the flowers too! Thanks for your lovely comment last night hun, it really helped to cheer me up, hugs, Jane xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Marcea, this is gorgeous, the colours and the papers are beautiful, andyour colouring is superb, thanks for your lovely comments, hugs Liz xx

Terry said...

Hiya Sweetie, you are absolutely right hun, the papers are delicious wohooooooo so pretty...and you're beautifull stamp is absolutely stunning....wow...thanks for sharing hun Hugs Terry

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, thats one gorgeous and beautiful card, love the colour scheme and the papers are fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyx

nicky said...

its my first stop here on your blog, and i am now a follower! I come back again and again! You made lots of wonderful cards!

hugs nicky

The Dolphin Inn said...

lol how on earth do you keep up with 2 blogs - I have trouble keeping up with on lol, so glad I found both of yours, you have such a lovely style TFS XX

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Marcea! Your colouring is amazing - wish I could colour like this :-) xx

thread-bare said...

Fab card Marcea & I love the muted colours on your dps. xx Clare x

Nicola said...

Love your soft tones and amazing colouring to this gorgeous image. Your papers and details are delish.
xx Mum xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes