Sunday 28 February 2010

Pickin' apples on a lazy Sunday morning.

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you are all having a nice weekend so far. Well as promised I am back again with a new card for you all, I am really on a roll at the moment and I am enjoying my mojo whilst it has decided to grace me with it's presence! I am really enjoying using lots of different types of images at the moment and the freedom to experiment with different colour combos, don't you just think that stamping is the best hobby ever!

Copics

Top - W1, G21
Hat - E50, E51, E53
Trousers - YR20, YR21, YR23, YR31, B32
Basket & Hair - E31, E33, E35, E37
Flowers - Y35, YR31, YG03, YG11, YG63
Apples - YR61, G11, YR23
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20


Challenges

Friday Sketchers - Sketch #95
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Simon Says ... - Vintage with flowers (vintage colours/flowers on image & papers)
Copic Creations - Colouring Embellies ... I coloured my card candy



Materials

I dug out this oldie but oh so beautiful Sugar Nellie stamp to play with, I just love her and she melts my heart every time I look at her ..... such a perfect image. I have used an unusual colour combo for me but I was inspired by the beautiful colours in the BG wisteria pad which I was lucky enough to win as part of a recent challenge. Nikki from Bunny Zoe Crafts had it out to me straight away and I was able to get my hands on it within a couple of days - thanks for such a speedy service hun! Very little else to tell about my card apart from I coloured the card candy from Craftwork Cards with my copics and that's about it. No fuss with this card, I figured it did not really need anything else - sometimes less is more, don't you think!

32 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, Gorgeous card! Love the papers and this SN image is one of my favs. She is so sweet! I agree that sometimes less is more but I have trouble stopping myself adding more lol!

Lisa x

nessy said...

gorgeous card marcea ~just love that sweet image ~ fab colour combo, just works so well!
vanessa xx

Fern said...

Oh fabulous card Marcea, i love the colours soft beige and brown... and your colouring of the image is fab too. Love all the detail and gorge layout!! :D

Fern xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Marcea,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card! wonderful papers and a lovely image.
Hugs Jacqueline

זהבית שקד said...

Gorgeous card

Zehavit

Lexi said...

Oh wow this is adorable...I love it! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Marcea. Gorgeous colouring of the sweet image and yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

Mrs Wonka said...

Beautiful Marcea, sorry I have been awol am back and ready for craft action!

Z x

Marina said...

Your card is just beautiful Marcea!
I love the colour combo and also the papers.
This image is so sweet and coloured to perfection.

Hugs,
Marina

Anonymous said...

Oh she's so cute !!! I really love this colors combo and the patterned papers you used are just gorgeous !!!
Have a great sunday !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Saskia said...

Hello Marcea,

This card is soooo sweet and beautiful! Lovely to see your work at Lexi's Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Marcea - love the image and your colouring is fab once again xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea wow thats one gorgeous card, and I love the colour scheme and your image is beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning card,love the papers and your colouring of the image is beautiful ,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck in the challenges
lalkygirl x

Heather said...

Hi Hun, gorgeous card, love the Wisteria papers and that beautifully coloured image is just adorable.
Thanks so much for your sidebar link.
huggles Heather xx

Nic aka The Sticky Elf said...

Your card is just exquisite. I am in love. :O)
Everyday you give me more inspiration (and a larger credit card bill - lol!)
Nxxx

Ann-Marie said...

Oh what a fab card and really like the colours you have chosen. She is a fab image she is one of my faves and a dream to colour. Have a great day, take care Ann-Marie xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the beautiful SN image and papers.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

I just love this card so cute and fantastic colours and image dear, I have so missed visiting you glad to be back
Hugs Jacqui x

thread-bare said...

Such a fab card hun. The papers are just gorgeous. x Clare.

Nicola said...

Wow this is one fabulous card Marcea. Your image is coloured to perfection and these papers are delish. Such a gorgeous colour combo and defo a case of less is more.
xx Mum xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! This is stunning! Your colouring is so beautiful!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful card Marcea! I love the soft colors and the image is just too cute!

Hugs,
Iris

jayne said...

Love the colours xxx
if you ever fancy popping over to our blog and sharing some of your work i'm sure the other fiskarettes would love to see x
www.fiskarettes.co.uk

Marion said...

Hi Marcia, Gorgeous card. I agree she is just adorable and you coloured her beautifully. Fab papers and colour scheme.
Marion

Unknown said...

your card is really wonderful and so cute.
thank you for your work to the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea

Betty said...

Hi Marcea this is just gorgeous love the image and the colour scheme is to die for
Bettyirenexxx

Angela said...

Marcea, I am so sorry!! I sure thought I was a follower of your blog!! I hadn't see anything in a while so I came to stop by and see!!! And what did I find.....You have created all kinds of things I haven't seen!! I am making sure this time that I am a follower so I don't miss anything!! This card is so pretty and your right it doen't need a thing!! I also agree that stamping is the best hobby!! along with scrapbooking!! Hope you are having a great week!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Anne said...

Marcea you made a beautiful card this time too =) Great coloring of the image and beatuiful details!

Hugs, Anne

craftymum said...

gorgeous
love sarah xxx

Emma said...

Beautiful card, love the papers...
Hugs Emma x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes