Tuesday 2 February 2010

A night of tears and a day of smiles ...and now some fabulous news too!

Before I share my card with you I have another tale to tell you. As many of you know I am back at university and had my first essay to do in December. Well, the results were due out yesterday and were available on the University website from midnight. So of course I had to stay up and get them didn't I!! I had worked really hard at my essay but did not feel confident at all about if I would pass or not. Trying to find the score was a nightmare ..... I found a '70' on my paper but thought that's not right because it is marked at honours level and I just wasn't at all confident. I then opened another box and saw a very sad 27. OMG not only had I failed but had done it big style. I burst into tears, emailed my tutor and went to bed, crying most of the night. Imagine my surprise when I got a confused email back from my tutor telling me I had got an 'A'!!!!!! OMG I am so happy, looks like I did get 70% after all, I am so happy!!!!! Phew ..... that was an awful night, I felt sick in my stomach!

Now I have got all that off my chest let me share my card with you! I have dug out another old but beautiful stamp. Do you know I have never used my Copics on her before, only pencils, so it was lovely to have a play.



Copics (available from Dies to Die For)

Clothes - B93, B95, B97, Yoo, Y35,
Hat - E50, E51, E53
Hair - YR20, Y21, Y28
Flowers - Y35, Y38, YR16, YG03, YG11, YG67
Skin - E000, E00, E02, R22



Challenges

Create4fun - Sketch




Materials

Image - Sweet n Sassy by Sugar Nellie
Papers - Bloom & Grow 6x6 Cardstock Pack from DTDF
Medium - Momento Tuxedo black ink & Copics available from DTDF
Sentiment - Daisy & Dandelion Sentiment Tags

I have a new camera now and the pictures are so crisp .... love it!! Will have to try and read the instructions soon, lol. Have a fab day xxx


EDITED .... Oh my word, I now have an even bigger smile on my face! Teresa from Crafts & Me has asked me if I would be on her Design Team. Oh my goodness, it took me just a split second to think about it!!! I am over the moon to be joining Trish on the DT. Teresa is going to be holding some fabulous challenges over on the Crafts & Me blog very soon so why don't you pop over and become a follower so you don't miss out! You can also sign up to the newsletter here for all the latest product information. What a great day!

38 comments:

Jane said...

Oh what an awful night Marcea, poor you, I bet you were mortified. Congratulations on getting an A that's fantastic!! Love your card, gorgeous colours and such a lovely image! hugs, Jane xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, Congratulations on getting an 'A' ~ that's fantastic! I bet you are so proud of yourself (know I would be). Gorgeous card! Love the colours and such a sweet image.

Lisa x

Nicola said...

OMG I was mortified when I started to your read your email early yesterday morning. You poor darling suffering like that all night when you were a clever little girlie all the time!!! Huge Congratulations attaining your "A".
Ooh your card is so beautiful Marcea, the colours are gorgeous, just like her, and your papers are a perfect compliment.
xx Mum xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting an A! Poor thing though thinking you'd failed-what a horrible night it must have been! Your card is beautiful as always! Love those papers, and you've coloured the image so beautifully! Hugs, Rowena

Unknown said...

Congrats on your exams, well done, absolutely stunning card, love the colours very summery looking just what we need. Christine x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your A grade! Your card is lovely--beautifully colored image, and perfect papers and colors!
Hugs,
April

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Marcea, so pretty.
Huge congrats on getting your A hun you must be thrilled after the tears, bless you.
That reminds me of when I went back to college a few years ago and got a D for an assignment, I was so not happy and hunted the tutor down to ask why, then found out after my rant about all the work I'd put into it etc, that a D stood for distinction the highest grade and not the D as in school grades lol
hugs Mandy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning card Marcea - love the colouring and the die cut layers. Such a beautiful image too. Congrats. on your A grade pass - well done!
Sylvia x

Sarah said...

Huge well done!!! Must have been a horrible night before though but an A is amazing and so is your card, it's beautiful xxx

Emma said...

Aw bless you hun but woo hoo with your result, an A....well done!!!
Your card is gorgeous, adorable image and love the colours.
Hugs Emma x

Teresa said...

Well done Marcia an 'A' FANTASTIC you can relax now all the stress is over, what a worrying night you can sympathize with all the kids that wait for their exams.
Love the card it's so cute....
Teresa x

Nannieflash said...

Well done Marcea, and congratulations on achieving such a fantastic result in your exam.
Your card is absolutely stunning. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Hi girl! Well done, congratulations!

Wanted to ask you a favour, to send one of your gorgouse cards to little Daan, you can read his story here.

Love this spring card, it makes me long for the sun!

Liefs, Renata

Michelle Short said...

I love it Marcea, I love the layout and colours/papers, great colouring too. Congratulations again on your fab mark - well done! xx

nessy said...

poor you marcea ~so glad there was a happy out come!! congrats to you!!
gorgeous card ~ love that sweet stamp !
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

Wow !!! Is Spring here ??? Your card is so gorgeous, I love the colors you used, so sweet !!!
Congrats for the "A" !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Marcea, congratulations on your essay mark hunny you rock hun!!!! and what a fabulous card you've made too! you sure are multi talented! hope you have a good day myf riend, hugs Linda x

Marina said...

Congratulation on getting an "A".

Your card is beautiful and I can feel the spring. Fantastic colours and a pretty image.

Hugs,
Marina

Helene said...

Wow, congrats for your essay...
'A' is really fantastic result!
By the way, your card is gorgeous, it's good to see this kind of colors, we feel like spring already ^^

Hugs
Xxx

CraftyC said...

Many congratulations ion your "A" great Marcea. Must be a great weight lifted. And of course your card is totally gorgeous! Take care!
Clairex

Tracy said...

This is such a sweet card, and congratulations for your grade.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,i love your image and coours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Fabiola said...

trop mignonne cette petite fille adorable

Penni said...

That's double congrats to you then Hun - Well done you!!!

Great card too

Hugs
Penni
X

downrightcrafty said...

Congratulations on two accounts, so pleased it was an "A" for you and great news on the DT
Kate x

Danni said...

So happy to hear it was an A, sorry for the rough night though! Congrats on the new DT!! You'll be amazing!!
Gorgeous card!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Marcea, beautiful card Sue x

Pauline C said...

Wow Marcea well done on being a straight "A" student hun ...and what an awful shame getting yourself in a tizz thinking you had done badly ... as if yo7u could with all your hard work!! I know from experience though, it is terrifying and very difficult to judge how you have gone on with this sort of thing - so woo hoo and worry over for the time being!! this is bound to give you some confidence for the next one :-) Fab card also, and congrats on your newest DT position - go girl!!
hugs
pauline x

Crealin said...

Hi Marcea,

what a sweet and joyfull card, it feels like spring in winter with all those happy colours :-)

Greetings,

Lins

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card!!

Sarah said...

After that upset what a high - congratulations, after all the work you put in you deserve it. Well done. Sarah x

Diamond Doll said...

Oh Marcea, what a horrible night you must have had poor you.So glad you passed and with an A.
I,m so chuffed you said yes to Teresa,s DT post, i am well pleased to have you with me, your cards are stunning.I,m looking forward to working with you.
(Hugs)
Trish (-:

Mina said...

oh wow huge congrats Marcea on both your pieces of brilliant news...shame the essay score didnt come earlier would have saved you a sleepless night flower...fabulous card, isnt it amazing how many stamps that are fab get pushed to the bottom...I keep have a dig in my pile
Mina xxx

Anne-Marije said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

Squirrel x said...

What a rollercoaster hun! HUGE congrats on your essay score, you are a star, and also on your DT position. Gorgeous card babe, that little lass is adorable. Big furry hugs, Squirrel xx

cats whiskers said...

I am really proud of you hun, well done!!!!!!!

And congrats on teh new DT I am so jealous being able to work with those fantastic stamps.

And I also love this card sweetie the copics are perfect for her.
Hugs Jacqui x

thread-bare said...

Fab card Marcea & well done on your essay results. Wow another DT, I don't know how you have enough hours in a day xx Clare x

Hansedeern said...

What wonderful card!

Hugs from Hamburg
Rivien xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes