Tuesday 30 June 2009

Our first JM tutorial challenge - Distressing


Good morning and here we are on our very first Just Magnolia tutorial challenge . I hope you have all managed to find us!! There are links on all the new Just Magnolia blogs to each other and hopefully having the seperate blogs will make it much easier to enter the challenge that you want .... of course we hope you will enter ALL of them!!!


Following on from the wonderful distressing tutorial by out talented Kim did for us on the Just Magnolia blog we decided to base our first challenge around it. You will have 2 weeks to enter and you can make whatever you like as long as you have at least one Magnolia image on it! Our sponsors are 7 Kids College fund and they are offering a $20 gift certificate to one lucky winner.




I have another new fave colour combo .... orange and aqua .... I love all these summer colours! I was inspired by my new MME papers that I picked up at the weekend - love this pack, full of scrummy colours and designs. I have used this weeks sketch by Friday Sketchers , it was perfect for this image! I have coloured my image with prismacolor pencils and then blended with sansador and paper stumps. Good old glamour dust for Tilda's wings for a bit of sparkle, how did I manage without it? Now, I do not have any distressing inks (shock, horror!) and my local craft shops didn't have any .... eek!! But you know what us crafters are like, we always find a way! I used my trusty chalks to give a soft distressed look to the background of my image.
I hope you have fun with this challenge and remember to pop over to the Just Magnolia blog on Friday for a brand new weekly challenge.

20 comments:

Nannieflash said...

What a beautiful card Marcea, the distressing is lovely, it really makes the diffence. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Sheila said...

I love this one Marcea, I have tho papers too but have so far only stroked 'em:).
Did you get my email the other day??
Hugs
Sheila xx

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Marcea, those papers are utterly gorgeous. Super colouring, as always, and Tilda looks so cool in her aqua and orange. Your flowers are so pretty and a perfect finishing touch.
Love,
Mum xxx

Victoria said...

Just gorgeous Marcea! Lovely colours and the MME papers are yummy!!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Natalie said...

Marcea this is beautiful. x

Tab said...

Oooooh delish card sweetie, love the papers and image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Marcea, your distressing is wonderful...love the papers and colours too.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole x

Susie Sugar said...

Stnning card Marcea and I love those colours xx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

What a cutie! Love the papers and your colouring.

Sunny regards, Renata

Pauline C said...

Beuatiful Marcea - love the scrummy papers and the beautiful soft distressing effect. I sometimes use Colourbox Q cats eyes to distress edges - as you say we crafters will find a way! I just scrunch up some paper towel, dab on inkpad, dab on spare paper and then sponge around - love your look with the chalks as well.
Pauline x

6 wacky women said...

Hi Marcea,
Gorgeous card, love the image, beautiful papers and color combo.
Such pretty details too.

Karen x

Lexxie said...

So sorry to have been such a bad bloggy buddy lately!
Your card is just beautiful, such gorgeous colours and I just love distressing.
It's been lovely to catch up on your fab creations,
Love Sarita xx

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Marcea and I love the colour combination and layout.
Hugs Linda

Bev said...

Oh this is just adoable sweetie, love the delish papers and colours and your distressing is brill x

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful hunni, and you have done such a good job with the chalks :)



xx

Martine

Emma said...

Gorgeous card hun...love the colour combo, the papers are so pretty.
Emma x

Suzie Q said...

Hiya,
I too love these papers and your chalking is great mine never seems to end up even!! lol
x

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I'm doing some major catching up!! Gorgeous card, very pretty colours & distressing x x

Tasha said...

Wow i think this is stunning - love the colours and papers you used. Your colouring of tilda rocks and i love your distressing
love tasha xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes