Thursday 18 June 2009

Lili of the Valley Fortnightly Challenge



Good morning ladies, I hope you are all having a good week so far. I missed having my day off yesterday but not long til the weekend!! We have a great challenge for you this week on LOTV and it is one of my favourite techniques at the moment .......

PAPER PIECING




If you are not sure what paper piecing is then please then let me explain really quickly. Just stamp out your image as normal. Now, here is the fun bit - instead of colouring part of your image you fill it with some of your backing papers. On my card I decided to make my Anya's dress match the pink paper so I stamped the image out again on a piece of matching paper. All you have to do now is cut it out and then glue it in place..... easy!






Now if you look closely you can see I made a little mistake when I cut her dress out - will know for next time ... oops! I have used the pretty new papers from Papermania and some scrumptious flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Please make sure you visit the rest of the DT's cards for some fabulous examples of paper piecing. You have 2 weeks to enter and remember you can combine your card with other challenges. Hope to see you all joining in!!


18 comments:

Renata van Miltenburg said...

So sweet....love the little glitter tiara and the crowncharm!

Sunny regards, Renata

Kim Dellow said...

That is gorgeous Marcea, love the charm. Kim

Mrs Wonka said...

She is so cute!

Z x

Sheila said...

This is so cute Marcea, I love all your little details on this one like the sparkle on the tiara & the charm.
Hugs
Sheila xx

nessy said...

oh so sweet ~love her dancing dress!! gorgeous bit of glitz ~another pretty card
vanessa xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the cute image and all the pretty papers and pretty charm. Hugs Nikki x

Nannieflash said...

What a little cutie, I love your card Marcea, its gorgeous. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Dawny P said...

oh she is sooo sweet Marcea. Love your paper piecing chicksie. Hugs xxxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh she is so sweet and beautiful card you've made with her.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

lovely paper piecing it is too! At least you read it right un like me with the magnolia one!! x

Nicola said...

You´ve tired my poor old peeps out Marcea, it has taken me a good five minutes to see what you were talking about so you are really too honest for your own good hehe.
Fabulous card and those papers are gorgeous. I love the glittered tiara and your beautiful princess charm. xxx

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. Love this cute ballerina Anya! Are you going to Stamp Magic at The Dome this weekend?
Hugs, Vicky -x-

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute card Marcea! Love your matching dress too. Beautiful colors and pretty details. :)

Jill said...

beautiful card Marcea I love the image she's so cute, great paper piecing and I love the DP hugs Jill xx

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love your pretty paper piecing, HuGs Kim x

Tab said...

Absolutely gorge card hun, love the sweet image and the papers are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea.
The image is adorable, love the pretty papers and details.

Karen x

simplyfairies said...

Awwww how cute....

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes