Friday 19 June 2009

Just Magnolia / Stamp Something



Morning - Friday at last and boy oh boy am I ready for the weekend to arrive!! We have a lovely theme for you this week on Just Magnolia and it would seem a few other challenges also have it too .......

SUMMER



For me I think of 2 things .... strawberries and aslo ice-cream. My favourite flavour is mint choc chip mmmmmm delicious! I have pinched Edwin's net and given him a whopping great ice cream cone (from the WOJ summer kit) instead for being such a good lad! I hope the usual doesn't happen when kids have an ice cream - we have all had a sobbing child when the ice cream falls slop - straight on the floor and all the are left with is an empty cone ... bless!






Here is a closer look at Edwin - my mint choc chap (how corny, lol). The papers were a freebie from a magazine and are packed with fruity papers perfect for summer. I hope you can all join us and remember - we do not mind if you combine your sketches. There is also lots of time to enter our monthly challenge




-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-






Time for a new challenge on Stamp Something and it is a great, fun challenge. This week we would like to see you make your cards with Black, White and ONE other colour. You can choose any colour you wish so come on and join the fun!!






Our sponsor this week is Paper Makeup Stamps and we were very kindly given an image to play with. As you can see I have chosen pink as my other colour - just love this combo. The yummy papers are PP and I hardly use them but they are so gorgeous that I must really use them a lot more in future.The lovely little dew drops are from Tracy at Dies To Die For. Make sure you look at the other DTs cards for that extra inspiration.
Have a wonderful week!

26 comments:

Tab said...

Two fabulous cards hun, just love the way you have added the icecream to Edwin, fab idea! Love the colours of the second one, so delish!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous cards Marcea, I love the colouring on both of them, they are both stunning. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anonymous said...

two fabby cards honey,, Edwin looks like he is running after the ice-cream van cause they didn't add any nutty bits... brilliant idea to take his net and add the ice cream.. hugs rachxx

Susie Sugar said...

Two stunning card Marcea I love what you have done with Edwin thats a fab idea and the colours of both cards are lovely
Hugs Susie xx

cats whiskers said...

Two fabby cards sweetie, hope Edwin saves me some of that Ice cream it looks so yummy.
Have a great weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful cards! I love your idea to give Edwin a ice cream cone!

Have a great weekend, Hugs Tanja

Anonymous said...

great cards hun, the Magnolia card is very yummy & love the colours on the 2nd one x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Two fabulous card Marcea! Love the cute summer Magnolia, that yummy charm is a great accent. Love the color combo on your SS creation, way to use that image! These are both beautiful! :)

Janiel/ janny said...

LOVE THEM!!! Marcea I love that ice cream cone in Edwin's hand... :o) janny

Fern said...

Two gorgeous cards Marcea, i love the gorgeous summery colours on the first ( geta challenge this week) and pretty image on the second!

Fern xx

Giovana said...

Beautiful card, great coloring!!

Nicola said...

Corny or not - I love your choc mint chap! You never cease to amaze me with your cards Marcea and boy what a brilliant idea to give Edwin that cone. Loving your pink with black and white such a striking combo and again two gorgeous Friday creations.
Have a fabulous weekend.
xxx

Alex said...

Graet cards Marcea!! I used pink as my color too - love how your fairy came out, girl, too too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Erin... said...

Hands down mint cho chip is my fav ice cream too! It has been since I was about 2!! Love both those cards! Your fairy is so sassy!

Victoria said...

Two gorgeous cards Marecea. Love how you've given Edwin an ice cream instead of his fishing net! My favourite ice cream is chocolate, double or even triple if you can get it! :-)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

lisa said...

Two great cards Marcea. I especially like your "mint choc chip boy" He is adorable.

Lisax

Jenni said...

Gorgeous Marcea, the pinks are lovely and you got to colour her skin! They're gorgeous little fairies aren't they? Looking forward to next week's challenge.
Jenni x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love both your cards! Cute image and charm at the first one and fab colourcombination at the second.

Have a sunny weekend!

Hugs, Renata

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Marcea,l love the images and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina said...

two gorgeous cards Marcea what a fantastic idea to put the ice cream in his hand, looks great and how excited does he look getting it lol...the second is just so pretty and the colours are lush xxx

Anonymous said...

two beautiful cards darlin, loving the papers and images on both :)

Hope you are having a fab weekend darlin


xx

Martine

Jill said...

2 gorgeous cards Marcea, I love the strawberry charm hugs Jill x

Donalda said...

Your cards are just gorgeous dear. Love them both

Risa said...

Both of your cards are super fantastic! I love everything about them!
hugs
Risa:)

simplyfairies said...

Ohheee look at choc chip chsp!!..lol he's brilliant...

well i still drop my icecream and cry about it!!...lol

I love your papermakeup card, what a gorgeous fairy, mmmm I must have!!..

craftaddict said...

Loving you Edwin with the ice cream and that strawberry paper is gorgeous, I bought 2 magazines just to get the papers,lol.
Also what a great storage idea for stamped images, I would love it if someone sent me that as a present.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes