Tuesday 16 June 2009

Just Magnolia Monthly Challenge


Good morning, and here we are on our first monthly challenge on Just Magnolia. We are hoping to run 2 monthly challenges every month as well as our weekly challenge so there really should be something for everyone!! This challenge will run for 2 weeks and is totally seperate from our usual weekly challenge. Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp and they have very generously offered $50 to spend in their store to one lucky winner. The challenge this week is to .....
ALTER A CONTAINER



You can alter absolutely any type of container you like. It can be something you have had stuck in a drawer for ages - you do not need to buy anything special. I decided to alter a photo album. It is just one of those little cheap ones you can pick up anywhere. I have followed the sketch over at Friday Sketchers (I do love sketches) and have turned and flipped it!




I have used some favourite papers of mine - had to dust them off a bit but they are still as gorgeous as every. Had a good time punching too with my flower punches and my MSDP - it has been neglected a little bit recently but is still my favourite border punch in the whole world! I have also finally used my new label dies on the spine of the album - these are fab and can't wait to use them again.



You might be wondering why I had called my album 'Magnolia' .... well it is because it is not for piccies of Tilda, lol, instead ..... a nice clean place to store all my yummy Magnolia images! The pockets are the perfect size to slot the images in - so you see ... it is a container for images (lateral thinking hahaha).
The only problem is that I am now going to have to make these little albums for all my other stamped images. I also think it is a nice alternative to a birthday card for a crafty friend. You can make the outside like a card and then fill it full of lovely images as a surprise ..... I had better get busy!
I hope you all join in - remember you have 2 weeks to take part. Make sure you check the incredible creations by the rest of the DT - they are just stunning!!!!! See you all again on Friday for a brand new weekly challenge!

31 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Ooh I just love this little Album. You have decorated it beautifully and it is such a good idea for storing images.
Clare x

Riet said...

What beautiful Marcea,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW! This is perfect! I love your book!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja
(Guest DT)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Album, it would make a gorgeous gift.
luv
Debby

Michelle said...

This is beautiful and what a fantastic idea.
Huggles
Michelle
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Marcea, this is a fantastic idea, i wish that i could think up things like this.... love how you have decorated the front sweetie.. good luck with the other albums... hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

thats awesome & think the idea for a birthday gift for a crafty friend is an excellent idea, may have to borrow that idea!! Helen x

Tab said...

Absolutely crackin idea sweetie,truly fab! Love the adorable image you have used and the colours are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sheila said...

Wow Marcea, this is a fab project you've created I love it!!!, I have all my UM stamps in a plain old A4 ring binder... would never have thought to jazz it up...until now!! thanks for the inspiriation hun.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Nannieflash said...

Well done Marcea, good choice for your container, at least its going to be used as well as being looked at. By the way its gorgeous, I love the image and the way youve coloured her and the details are fabulous. WEll done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Dawny P said...

This is fabulous sweet cheeks - I LOVE it. What a great idea cos storage is a flamin' nightmare sometimes!!!

Dawny P said...

Ooops - pressed the send button before I'd finished - dope lol xxx Anyway, that image is so lovely and beautifully coloured hun. I'm gonna go and check the challenge out right now. Biggest hugs xxxxx

Jen said...

This is so beautiful and elegant Marcea. I love the soft colours and the layout. What a fab way to store stamped images!
Hugs
Jen x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

LOVELY!!!! I have my images in photo-albums also but not as nice decorated as yours ;)This little Magnolia looks so sweet in these soft colours and the lovely papers in the back. Adorable!

Hugs, Renata

Shelly said...

Wow Marcea, what a fab idea! I love this, it'd make a great present as you said! Lovely peachy colours you've used, super job!
Shelly x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous album Marcea..what a wonderful gift idea! Love your sweet Tilda and beautiful flowers!
Thanks for joining us at PBSC.
Hugs
Carole x

Alice said...

that's an adorable project, I really like it. could you make a tutorial?
thanks and bye,
Alice

Mina said...

I love this album Marcea what a brilliant idea to store your images might have to pinch it and its so much nicer than an old box lol...I love your Tilda colouring so soft and girly looking...stunning xxx

Risa said...

Your altered book is fabulous Marcea! Tilda is beautiful and your embellishments are beautifully arranged! Great job!
hugs
Risa:)

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Marcea, what a fab idea! Love the colours and the images inside. Enjoy the rest of your week
TTFN
Clairex

Victoria said...

This is gorgeous Marcea and such a fab idea!!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

nessy said...

oh marcea this album is just charming ~ so pretty ~ perfect!!~what a wonderful idea
vanessa xx

Saskia said...

So beautiful Marcea!!! Great!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Marcea how are you doing hunny? i hope you are well. Its been a while again since i popped by im so sorry rocky bear is taking most of my free time these days. I havn't managed any crafting today either, hopefully ill get time tomorrow. I am loving what you've made here, what a great idea, if you are interested i have some blog candy up for grabs. Have a fabulous evening hunny and catch up soon. Big hugs Linda x

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Nicola said...

Wowee you have rocked this challenge Marcea. Your altered album is stunning and Tilda looks fabulous in peaches and cream and so relaxed because she knows she has plenty new looks with all her images inside. Hint, hint - what a fabby present.
Love,
Mum xxx

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutelyadorable cards! I'd like to give you "One lovely Blog award"...you can pick it up on my blog at papercraftpleasures :)

Jill said...

aww Marcea this is gorgeous I love the colours and a great idea hugs Jill xx

Jeanette said...

This is gorgeous anda great idea. Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketchers this week. Hugs Jeanette xx

Maya said...

This is awesome!!
And what a great idea for a gift!!
So perfect :)
Hugs from Maya:)

Iris said...

WOW! This book is absolute perfect! I love all the details and the colours.

Hugs
Iris

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes