Friday 5 June 2009

Just Magnolia / Stamp Something


Good morning to you all and it is still a little cool but I am hoping the weather will warm up again soon. Whilst it is cooler though it is the perfect to get in your craft rooms and be creative, We have just the thing to keep you busy on Just Magnolia ...... a fabulous sketch by our very own /a> .


Now I absolutely love sketches and this is a real beauty but boy did I almost end up crying. I had finished my card and thought I would be good and tidy up my space. Imagine how I felt when I found the rectangle piece of paper for the LHS of my card sat there under a tub of flowers :o(
I had to pull my card apart - that glue is really sticky! I even had to remove the flowers, brads and ribbon. Anyway, managed to get it all to stick back together again so phew ... crisis over!





Have you also seen the fabulous tutorial on distressing by our lovely Kim on the JM page? It is fab and there is also some news about some exciting things coming up too - you won't want to miss out on the fun!
I hope you all get chance to play, remember you can combine your challenges as long as you include a magnolia stamp somewhere on your card.
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-





Here we are at a brand new point for Stamp Something , the first challenge for our shiny new DT!!!!! We have a great theme this week and would love to see some beautiful wedding cards
SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING NEW





We were all lucky enough to have been sent a wonderful digi kit full of gorgeous images by our sponsors this week 'My Grafico' and I had lots of fun with it. I decided I wanted to use lots of their images all together so after a lot of muttering under my breath and the odd naughty word I managed to find out how to do this in my graphics programme (a real challenge for me, lol)





I coloured my image with chalks and then used my scrummy glamour dust ..... everywhere!!!!! I finished the dress with a few flat backed pearls - so glam!
I hope you get chance to play and to say a big hello to our newest members on the DT. Please pay them a visit and see their gorgeous creations.
Have a great day - I am off to uni to be educated for the day about COPD ...... it is almost like a day out, lol.

41 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful cards!

I have completed a card and realised I left out a vital piece all too often! So frustrating!

Moni said...

Both are gorgeous! Hugs, moni

maxine said...

Beautiful cards Marcea

Anonymous said...

morning honey,
love the two cards that you have made they are gorgeous, i would never have guessed that you had had so much strife with the jm. one.. it's so frustrating when that happens. you did a fantastic job with the sketch.. Enjoy your weekend. hope the sun shines for you. hugs rachxx

Mrs Wonka said...

You are really taking the blog world by storm with your glorious creations! xxx

Sheila said...

Marcea. your cards are stunning...I love what you did with the digi images, that is one stunning wedding card...& Tilda is just gorgeous hun.
Sheila xx

Naoual said...

Beautiful cards sweetie, I love your colouring and fab detail. You can't tell you had a crisis at all, your card looks totally gorgeous!!

Hope you'll have a fabulous weekend honey,

xx Naoual

CraftyC said...

What lovely cards Marcea but the 1st one really does it for me. Have a fab friday!
Clairex

Terry said...

Hiya Marcea, Oh my hun I can imagine how you must have felt when you found the rectangle again underneath your flowers.....Yep I just know.....
And you made some beautifull cards again hun....wowie...just wonderfull and the wedding card is also just special..
Top job hun....hugs terry

Poppy said...

wow love them both,have a great weekend.
poppy

Erin... said...

Both are gorgeous as ever Marcea!!! Love what you did with those digi images, they look great overlapping like that! And the charm is the perfect touch!

Kevin Renz said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you combined all the different images!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fabulous card Marcea. Your Magnolia is simply too sweet! Love the pretty yellows and that paper. The wedding card is gorgeous. I love that you combined all those images, you're too clever! Great details with the charms and shimmer effect too. Both are beautiful creations! Have a great weekend hun! :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea, love the images and all the wonderful details. Hugs Nikki x

Lynn said...

Love how you've used the images! Cudos to you for figuring out how to do that! Love the sparkle! Your Magnolia card is super cute too!

Nicola said...

So pleased you managed to place that vital missing piece on your card,one would never have guessed as it is another perfect creation from you. I hope your words weren´t too naughty dd. Two very striking cards Marcea, love them both with your gorgeous images and details. Your wedding card is very striking and top marks for playing around with the graphics - you sure did an awesome job!
Love,
Mum xxx

Alex said...

These are both stunning Marcea - WOW!!! You have been rockin' the challenges, I tell ya, these are beautiful!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards!! Your wedding card is stunning. Love all the details.

God bless
Giovana

Fern said...

2 Stunning cards Marcea.
I LOVE all the sparkles!
Your wedding card is so beautiful... great images.

Fern xx

Jen said...

Beautiful work Marcea. I love the colours on your Magnolia card and that wedding card just oozes elegance.
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards ,beutiful colouring and glitter detail ,hugs Dawnxx

Lisa H. said...

Marcea, this turned out great! I love how you combined the images on your card front. great details. love it!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Marcea,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

nessy said...

both cards are just so beautiful with so much delicate detail ~perfect!!
vanessa xx

Victoria said...

Stunning cards Marcea, glad you managed to salvage the Just Magnolia card! It's fab! I plan to get some crafting done this weekend too, the weather's supposed to be rubbish and my OH is working, so plenty of craft time!!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Ah..this one is amazing! I adore the little pearldrops on the dress, and the glitter...

Groetjes, Renata

Mina said...

stunning cards Marcea, I love your papers and colours on your JM card and that touch of blue in the ribbon is inspiring...the wedding dress acrd is so simple but stunningly elegant...love them both xxx

MichelleO said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers and coloring wonderful!
HUGS
MichelleO

Tab said...

Fabby cards sweetie, especially love your JM ones, and you would never have known that you took it apart, truly gorge hun! Hope that you have had a good day!
Hugs Tab xxx

Shelly said...

Hi Marcea! Love Tilda, she's adorable with these papers. I know what you mean when you said you could have cried! Your wedding card looks just fab, I love the bling and have to say how brave you were to use your graphics programme! :)

Risa said...

Hi Marcea,
Both of your cards are stunners! Your Magnolia card is beautiful and Tilda is colored in perfectly! Don't you hate it when a "boo boo" happens? Good thing you were able to correct the problem without tearing your paper.
Your second card is beautiful also, I love the pearls and the glitter!
hugs
Risa:)

cats whiskers said...

To Stunning cards dear, Love your Tilda and the wedding card is just so classy.
Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards hun, i adore your choice in papers and magnolia image in the first one, and the second one is soo elegant, i love the image :)


xx

Martine

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, oh wow two fabulous cards.. love the fab sketch and gorgeous Tilda.. your SS card is stunning ~ love all the glimmer dust.. fabulous !!
Have a lovely weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Anonymous said...

wow what stunning cards. Glad you managed to get the magnolia one back together ok! I do that all the time! x

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards, love that gorgeous yellow with Tilda, fab! Sue xx

strawberry fields said...

beautiful cards! love the magnolia challenge this week
fionax

галина said...

Как все красиво!

галина said...

Вы Художник!

Jill said...

beautiful cards Marcea I love the Tilda image, and your colouring is wonderful, love the wedding card so elegant hugs Jill xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous wedding card, lovely xxx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes