Friday 24 April 2009

Stamp Something / Just Magnolia #2

STAMP SOMETHING



Morning, so pleased it is Friday again! What glorious weather we are having - I hope it lasts through the weekend :o)
It is not sunshine on our challenge this week though because we want to see ...

FLOWERS AND SHOWERS




I decided to use these beautiful stamps from Whiff of Joy and opted for a single colour scheme influenced by a great song .... Purple Rain, ok - a little corny but I can handle it, lol. Papers are from a recent win from the lovely Michelle (thanks hun) and I love them!




I have kept my card quite simple - liked it better this way, some cards just don't need much adding to them. Insert is very simple also so no piccie taken. Pop over to the Stamp Something blog for details of this weeks sponsor and for the fab inspiration by the DT.




-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-



JUST MAGNOLIA



OMG, what an incredible first week!! I have been completely blown away by you all. Thankyou so much to everyone who is following the blog and for the 350+ who entered last weeks challenge ..... you are all amazing!!! Make sure you pop over to Just Magnolia to see if you won last weeks huge prize and to see the wonderful prize that is on offer this week from our sponsor.

To enter we would love to see your creations contain

PINK AND GREEN




I was delighted with this weeks challenge because this is one of my favourite colour combos and I knew straight away which papers I wanted to use. I have a mixture of papers from Making Memories and the Bearly Mine CD. Picking which gorgeous stamp was much more difficult but I settled for this beautiful one of Tilda blowing her sparkly hearts.



Lots of glamour dust for her wings and hearts and a few heart shaped gems from my stash. Again, another simple insert so won't bore you with that. I just know you will all be drooling over the gorgeous cards by the rest of the DT, they are stunning again this week.

I can't wait to pay you all a visit so remember to add your creation to Mr Linky! See you soon xxx

44 comments:

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow you have been busy! I love both of them!

Mrs W xxx

Emma said...

Lovely cards marcea :) i really like your 'purple rain' one :) Em x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful cards Marcea, just love the 1st one, lovely colours. Have a great Friday
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Marcea, fabulous colours and detail. love the purples in the first card and the glamour dust looks wonderful on the second card. hugs rachxx

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Both cards are wonderful. I just love your Tilda with her glittery wings.

Annika said...

Two cards again! :o
There's no stopping you!
You're right, some cards do not need much added to them...and I LIKE Purple Rain card (and song), corny or not!
Have a nice Friday!
Hugs,
Annika

tracie said...

Morning hun, oh wow two fabulously gorgeous cards.. love this sweet WOJ image and pretty lilacs. Your JM card is adorable hun ~ full of gorgeousness.
Have a wonderful day
hugs
Tracie :)x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,l love the stamps and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Nannieflash said...

Well Marcea the cards youve created are going to be difficult to top, they are both gorgeous. I love purples and the pink and green combination is really lovely. Love and hugs Shirleyx

Tab said...

Stunning cards, hun! Love the images on both, but I adore your little Tilda, such a little sweetie! Fab choice of papers and I adore that little puffed heart charm, tis sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tanmo said...

both fab cards xx

Poppy said...

wow they are both gorgeous.
have a great weekend.
poppy

Jen said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea. Beautiful colours and layouts on both.
Jen x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards once again Marcea.. love them both!
The colours are superb and you made me giggle with the 'purple rain' pun!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Marlene x

thread-bare said...

Gorgeous cards again hun, not normally a purple person but this is stunning. Love the Tilda card, just fab xx Clare x

Sally said...

Marcea,
both cards are beautiful. Just love, love, love them.

Nicola said...

Wowzers two very beautiful cards Marcea, can´t pick a fave as I love them both. Your colouring is fantastic - love your shading - and your papers and details are gorgeous.
Hope the sun shines all weekend for you then you can get outside and turn over those flowerbeds. xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulously `beautiful` cards my lovely..
Hope I get to joining in again this wek..
Hope your enjoying your Day:)♥

Lauren said...

These are so sweet. The colors are just beautiful.

Alex said...

These are both FABULOUS Marcea, I just love the colors on both!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Yvonne said...

Beautiful cards. wonderful colours and layouts.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Marcea, its been a while since i've been here, i am so sorry. There is still alot going on at home. I love all the wonderful cards you've made since my last visit, what a busy little bee you've been!. Hope you are well and enjoying some of this gorgeous weather we've been having! Will try and email later this week, hugs Linda x

maddy hill said...

love the cards Marcea they are beautiful - will be joining in on the magnolia challenge myself !

love maddy xx

Tricia said...

I get so green with envy when I see your coloring on your stamped images. I so need a tutorial to do this. Can you help me out? lol

Risa said...

Both cards are super cute!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Emily said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea! Love the colors and layouts! Awesome coloring too!

Kim Costello said...

Wow two Gorgeous cards Marcea, Love your Tilda and fabby colours ♥ all the little details... ♥ HuGs Kim x

Victoria said...

Fab cards Marcea. Love them both!
Hugs, Vicky x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So gorgeous Marcea and I love the pretty colour combo on your 2nd card, beautiful colouring as always, Have a wonderful weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, beautiful card Marcea! Love them both. The colors are perfect with your images and the accents are beautiful! Hope you have a lovely weekend hun. :)

cats whiskers said...

OMG I love that WOJ card, well it is purple sweetie, but it is simply stunning your colouring is awesome. Your Just Magnolia is perfect love that cute image
Hope you have a fabulous weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Naoual said...

Hi Marcea, I love the beautiful cards you made. I just adore your colouring, truly stunning!

Hope you have a great weekend,

xx Naoual

Mina said...

two stunning cards Marcea...love the lilac colouring I love monochromatic cards they are so lovely with all the same shade...your JM card is wonderful I love your Tilda and the colouring is just perfect xxx

Martine said...

this is gorgeous hun, tilda is coloured perfectly :), and i love the layout, stunning

xx

Martine

Melissa said...

Sigh......she's SO lovely!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

LavenderCards said...

both great cards
K

Bev said...

Both cards are so gorgeous babe, love the purple onthe WOJ one - so pretty! The layouts are fabulous too, delicious papers and perfectly coloured images. x

Pauline C said...

Wow Marcea you have been busy - two stunning cards hun!! I adore the purple rain one .... fab theme - same theme as my PBSC card lol (great minds lol??) and your Tilda is such gorgeous colours and well co-ordinated - beautiful!
Hugs
Pauline x

BettyBoop67 said...

GORGEOUS CARD MARCEA. :) SUE XX

Tasha said...

Wow both of these are stunning! I love your colouring on both - your an artist. The papers are fab too and love the flower and glitter
love tasha xx

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Love you Stamp something card. Actually I love all your cards. Great Blog.

Tracyxx

Oma said...

Love both cards but really like the pink and green card the best. Gorgeous colour combo!

Cindy said...

Marcea, it is truly a treat to see your creations. Just love the purple rainy day theme on the first card - simple is elegant and so lovely, but not always easiest. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

As always, gorgeous cards. Love peeking through your blog for inspiration.
Kaz xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes