Thursday 23 April 2009

Cute Card Thursday #57 GD Card / Lili of the Valley #26

CUTE CARD THURSDAY



Good morning to you all, here is my first card for you all for today and a lovely surprise for me! I was delighted when Deb asked me to be Guest Designer for CCT for 2 weeks. I didn't even have to think about it and said yes straight away! They have a fabulous DT which is so talented and full of inspiration - make sure you pay them all a visit. Onto this weeks challenge ......

Getting Edgy!

So those that know me will know the feeling of horror I felt as I read this weeks challenge .... but I have managed to rough up my edges and rise to the challenge!!!! You can also do lots of other things to your edges such as sand or sew. I attacked mine with a good old pair of scissors leaving sweet little Daisy wondering what on earth had possessed me, lol.




I have used my Bearly Mine CD again and finished with some flowers and a yummy gold spacer I recently got from The Hobby House . Everything else was from my stash. Coloured with my prismas and sansador - I loved colouring this image, she is one of my faves.


-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-



LILI OF THE VALLEY







Here we are again for another fab challenge with LOTV and this week we have a sketch to follow created by our very talented Jo!



Dug out my Gorjuss Girls and finally inked up this beauty! Of course I rotated the sketch (naughty me, lol) and swapped the sentiment for a ribbon (really naughty me .... sorry) but you can still make out the sketch ... honest!



Papers are Basic Grey and I have chalked the background - quite like this effect and will be doing more of it in the future that's for sure. I have punched the flowers using a retro flower punch and also a daisy punch, finished with a pearl in the centre.
Please pop by the other DT's blogs to drool over their beautiful creations.
See you again tomorrow with not 1 but 2 cards again!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Marcea.. both card are absolutely stunning!! colours are fab and your colouring just Awesome!!!
Have a fabulous day,
Hugs, Marlene x

Mrs Wonka said...

What a couple of gorguss!!! cards

Z xxx

Victoria said...

Two gorgeous cards marcea. Love the distressing you've done, perfect! I love both daisy and the gorguss girl images you've used for these cards as well!
Hugs, vicky x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, Daisy looks divine...as does the rest of the card.
Caz
x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Marcea!!!
I love the..
`Roughing`....
I always have to rough mine up!!!I just cant help myself...lol..
Have a lovely Day `sweetie`:)♥

Poppy said...

lovely cards,love the papers.
poppy

Paula said...

Wow Marcea these are both Beautiful card's love them both.
Paula xxxx

Emma said...

such lovely cards marcea...i've now got the daisy stamp so i'm looking forward to playing and colouring her. thanks also for your kind words about my son xxxxxx

Kim. said...

Such beautiful card and the papers you have used really set them off. I love them.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful cards! I have an award for you, i chose your blog because i think it deserve one. So if you go on my blog and scroll down, just pick it up and post it on your blog. I have a hard time to find other blog who deserve it because they all got one!
Don't be shy, just take it :))
Take care xx
Pat

Nannieflash said...

Im sure they wont mind you adapting their sketches as youve made a brilliant job of both the cards the colouring is really stunning, they really are quite gorgeous. love and hugs Shirleyxx

nessy said...

two more stunning cards marcea ~ as always wonderful colouring ~great papers and so much detail ~gorgeous
vanessa xx

Sally said...

Two more fabulous cards. Congratulations on your guest DT spot for CCT.

Pauline C said...

2 stunning cards hun - love your colouring and the layouts and details are gorgeous. Poor Daisy ... maybe you ahve traumatised her lol!!
Pauline x

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, oh wow these are both absolutely gorgeous. Love the fabulous images and details on both ~ stunning as always. Congrats on GDT at CCT
Have a great day
hugs
Tracie :)x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Two lovely cards Marcea! The edges on the first one look fabulous, love the texture it's created. Beautiful coloring on your images and love the layouts and accents. Beautiful work! :)

Lauren said...

These are so cute and elegant!

Jen said...

Gorgeous cards as always Marcea. Lovely colours on both of them.
I've just used that cd and it's brilliant.
Hope you're having a great day.
Jen x

Anonymous said...

oh wow Marcea these are two fantastic cards, love the colours of the first one, your colouring is out of this world. hugs rachxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea :-) Love the images, both beautifully coloured ! Fab papers and layouts too

Lorraine x

Natalie said...

Two stunning cards Marcea. x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Marcea,what a beautiful cards,l love the stamps and colours.
sobeautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nicola said...

Wow these are two awesome cards Marcea. I really love the distressing on Daisie, adds that extra dimension. Both cards are so beautifully coloured, wish I could shade like you,and I love your papers and wonderful details. xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Marcea these are adorable, wonder work.

CraftyC said...

These are both perfect Marcea and what a great pair of scissors you must have, they done a great job!
Clairex

Donna said...

Two beautiful cards Marcea and both so beautifully coloured, I love the papers on the first card, they are so elegant :) Donna x

angeljakki said...

What lovely cards,
Love the fawn colours in your first card x

Nicole Bailey said...

oh what pretty cards....love the torn edges...and your coloring is so very pretty. :o)

Annika said...

Oh my, you sure are productive - 2 gorgeous cards in one post! I'm much slower crafter and therefore quite envious here.

Love both cards ... actually, one of them reminded me that I better get out my Gorjuss girls, got them couple of weeks ago and they haven't seen any ink yet ...disgrace!
Hugs!
Annika

thread-bare said...

Two fab cards hun & congrats on the GD spot at CCT. Love the colours you have used on your CCT card xx Clare x

Bev said...

Oh I love both these cards sweetie, but the Daisy one is just out of this world. Love the colours you have used and your attacking has worked out perfectly. Stunning colouring of the images too x

Tasha said...

Gosh Marcea, you are so talented both of these are sensational designs - the colours layouts and details are all so fantastic. Im in awe
love tasha xx

Deb said...

Fantastic cards Marcea, your distressing looks fabulous!
many thanks for being GD for CCT! Debx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes