Wednesday 8 April 2009

ABC I is for .....


Good morning to you all, I am half way through my week off and enjoying it soooooo much, too much ... wish i could stay home all the time :o)
I am meeting my friend for lunch later which will be nice - she is due her baby any day though so lets hope we make it to desert (priorities, lol).

And now for some sad news. Due to other committments I have made the difficult decision to leave ABC . I have loved my time here and it was my very first DT position so it will always be special to me. There is a brand new shiny DT member called Helen so please make sure you give her a really warm welcome.

I is for ...... INSIDE




So lets see you decorating the inside of your cards. Lots of you do this already so it should be easy for you all to join in. I have started this a little while ago now and i do love the finish it gives to my cards - I could never go back to a plain white insert now. I have used this sweet PM image and kept it quite simple. I picked up the lovely ribbon at Harrogate last week knowing I had to make a christening card.



My inside is quite simple, I have carried the colours through and focussed on the lovely daisies from the papers - you can never have enough flowers can you!



A closer look at the sweet heffalump. I have also discovered chalks ..... these are fab for colouring all that white space around your image. Got several sets from The PaperMill Shop in the sale. These ones are pearlescent although you can't see the sparkle in this piccie.
Have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.

29 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow what fabulous colouring on this little heffalump - he looks absolutely adorable and perfect for this special occassion. Beautiful card inside as well as out Marcea and I love that ribbon. xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

very cute

hugs jane x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous hun, fab colouration of your sweet ellie, and the inside is just a beautiful. hugs rachxx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Marcea your card is beautiful and definately suitable for a Christening, the colours and the design are really gorgeous, and the way youve finished of with the inside is stunning. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Marcea, sad to se you go :( Have a super day!

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous Marcea - absolutely love it! Adorable heffalump and love your chalk colouring plus that gorgeous paper - one of my fave pads! Glad you are enjoying your week off . I too have 2 days off around the bank hols - wheee!! Have a great Easter!
Pauline x

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Marcea, I love it!
Clairex

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable card Marcea, inside and out! Love that image, super sweet and the colors and papers are beautiful. Hope you're having a good day. :)

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card :o)x

Riet said...

ohh wowww Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Jen said...

This is another beautiful card Marcea, the whole look is stunning.
I'm so sorry you've left the ABC dt, it's been great working with you.
Jen x

Tricia said...

super sweet card as usual. Sometimes making those dt decisions is best for us and for others. I know that I had to back off from a few places when my plate started "breaking" and I lost focus with my family.

Pop's Cards said...

AWWWWW this is really sweet i so love elephants, hugs Pops x xx

Tab said...

Oh Marcea what a totally gorge card, sweetie! Just love the image and the fab colours that you have chose to use! Hope that you got your pudding LOL!
Hugs Tab xxx

Fink said...

That is the cutest elephant card ever! I love your ICS one too!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Marcea! Love the heffalump...your colouring is fab!
Beautiful inside too!
Helen x

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning card Marcea sooooo cute ♥♥♥

Risa said...

Very precious card Marcea! Your image is adorable and I love the soft colors!
hugs
Risa:)

Enfys said...

I love this little Nellie, and the chalking looks fab. You always seem to do such a great job on the whole card (mine finish at the first page :)
hugs
En x

Alex said...

FABULOUS coloring Marcea, and this card is just darling, I love that elephant!! Sorry to hear you had to step down, but sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tasha said...

Such a beautiful card hunny, the colour is gorgeous and im loving the little fella - love the layout too
love tasha xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, love that elephant he's so cute.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Another fabulous card Marcea the image is so cute.
Paula xxxx

Lauren said...

So pretty. Love the coloring!

nessy said...

adorable card both inside and out ~very special card for a special occassion!!
vanessa xx

Emma said...

Aw soooo gorgeous and cute..love it!!
Emma x

Louise said...

Such a cute card!
Louise x

Bev said...

Too adorable for words babes, love those papers - I think they were made for this adorable image. Gorgeous!! xx

thread-bare said...

Awww this heffalump is just soooo cute xx I will have to root my chalks out again.... what a great idea xx Clare x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes