Sunday 30 March 2014

Ryan made the finals of BBC Young Brass Award 2014

What a busy couple of days we have had. My son Ryan made it to the finals of the BBC Young Brass Player of the Year. The finals were broadcast live on Friday on Radio 2. What an absolutely brilliant evening. There were 4 players in the final.



I could not have been prouder of him. He played so well and his attitude is just wonderful. He had lots of people in the audience supporting him including some of the children he teaches on Saturdays who brought their parents along too.



Sadly he did not win but what an amazing achievement to have made the finals. If you would like to listen to him playing you can do so here ...... He is first on and plays at about 12 minutes into the programme.



You can also listen to his semi final performance here if you wish.

He plays without any music and completely scares me to death when he does this - clever lad lol.



Have a brilliant day everyone - hope you do not mind me sharing my news xxx


3 comments:

Martina said...

Congrats!! That's just wonderful!!!!
I am working in a musicshop and e are making (handmade) trumpets and trombones in our factory, so I often have Brass Music around me and famous players visiting us (although my favourite music style is rock)
Martina

Sue Nicholson said...

He was smashing, we listen to the whole show. Congrats to Ryan for making the final, you are a winner! Cheers Sue & Phil N x

Sandra H said...

You must be so proud of him well done Ryan xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes