Wednesday 16 January 2013

Where’s Washi?

 

Brrrrrr, good afternoon. Oooh it is ever so chilly here in Yorkshire today and we still have snow on the ground from the past couple of days. I chose the perfect week off work I think cos I can just stay in and craft … which is just what I am doing!!!

Wednesdays always bring a brand new challenge for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week it is  …..

USE WASHI TAPE

I have to say we are getting quite creative with the stuff now. Pop over to the challenge blog for more inspiration. Can you find my washi tape?

03-01.13

Lol, well I stuck several rows under each other onto brown card and then punched out the hearts ….. how cool!! I was trying to think of a way to use it without just sticking it as a border etc … so what do you reckon?

I had so much fun making this card and I think I have found my love for paper all over again. One of my favourite stamps ever, ever, ever!!!! I have been all inky and even had messy fingers … gasp!!!Can I also say to anyone who wants to distress their images/papers with inks …. you really do need cut & dry foam and a glass mat, it makes life so much easier as I have discovered   - seriously, where have I been rofl!!!!! The scrummy papers are by Glitz. Full product links are below … click each picture to be taken to product x

Heidi will be giving a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!

Products:

*Queen & Company Trendy Tape FLOWERS LIGHT PINK TT955*Whiff of Joy UM Rubber Stamp MELINDA BLOWING KISSES Heart Angel e015*Martha Stewart LACE HEART Edge Punch Edger Craft Edger 42-40011*Hero Arts 32 Accent Pearls HEARTS ch173*Prima Flowers Avon Rose PIXIE GLEN 552466*Colorbox Fluid Chalk InK Pads ROSE PETALS Cat's Eye Queue 717028 MS203*Tim Holtz Distress Ink PAD VINTAGE PHOTO Brown Ranger*Ranger Inkssentials CUT N DRY FOAM Cut-N-Dry Stamp Pad Ink Glue*Copic 36 CIAO COLOR SET A Markers Colors I36

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

 

Finally, here is a pic of a rather icy looking cobweb – spotted it in the garden and thought it looked really pretty

 

P1120438

Thanks for looking xxx

25 comments:

Lin said...

You are so right, Marcea, the cards from the team this week show so many ways to use washi! Love your card today, and your frozen spider web is a great pic!

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Marcea, I love the colours and the image is just beautiful. A great way to use you washi tape too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

Absolutely fabulous, and such a clever way to use the washi tape. Gorgeous cobweb too lol xx

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Marcea lovely image and elements.

Hugs Julie x

lindyloo said...

wow beautiful card so so pretty x

Andi B said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, the image is so beautiful and I love how you used the washi tape

Andrea x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Marcea. Love the image and the papers are gorgeous as are the embellishments.
Hugs Sharon. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marcea :) fabulous way to use washi :-)


luv
Lols x x x

Nicola said...

Love this image too Marcea and you have really brought her to life with your fabulous colouration. Such a gorgeous colour combo, design and embellies. xxx

Danni said...

Beautiful card!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable.
luv
Debby

Alyx said...

Gorgeous card...and that spider's web is stunning!
xx

Cheremane said...

Such a beautiful card love the colours and image xxx

Carol C said...

Gorgeous card, the colouring is super it's so pretty :D x

coops said...

so stunning marcea.your design is beautiful and i love the gorgeous image and hearts ;D

xx coops xx

Laine said...

This is so pretty.
Hugs from
Laine
X

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Clever way to add washi, Marcea! I also really love the touch of sparkle :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous colour combination and I love the whole card. I also love die cutting my washi tape. xx Flora

Barbara said...

Fabulous....love the image and layout, and the colours are so good together xx

Glenda J said...

Really cute!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wonderful use of the washi tape! Just brilliant!

Fiona C said...

Love the cobweb and love the card more!!! xx

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Mancea, fabulous colours and pretty papers. Your WoJ image is adorable and I love details and what you've done with the washi.

hugs
Heather xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea wow what a stunning card, I love how youve coloured her and the papers are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

CaroleAnn said...

Marcea
Glad to meet you and I love your blog so I am following you along. Your card is beautiful and I have not yet had a go at the tape craze yet - but you certainly have inspired me - thanks for sharing your talents. Hugs

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes