Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Paper Shelter: Winter Blues …. My first DT card!!



Morning guys, what an exciting day it is for me – I am thrilled to have my very first card to share with you all for The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. There are a few other newbies on Team A too so I hope you pop over and give them all a big welcome too.

Our theme this week is Winter Blues. I am glad to say it is finally getting a bit milder here and the last snow melted yesterday. I am sure there will be a few more cold days before Spring arrives though.


04-02.12


I have used this beautiful image called ‘A. Mucha Influence – Winter’  and I think she is so pretty and was a dream to colour with my copics. The sentiment is by Whiff of Joy and I think I have had it forever. I tried something new on this card and I am pleased with how it turned out – I inked up my little flourish stamps with 2 different inks, blue and brown, and stamped them around the edges of the image. I think it helps tie the papers in nicely with the stamp. I will certainly try it again.


04-02.12a


I love all the faces on the gorgeous images by The Paper Shelter – they are just so sweet.


04-02.12b


To complete my card I have used flowers, lace and pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts – just had a delivery of new stash – woop woop, lol.

I am entering my card for the following challenges:
Oldie But A Goodie – Lace (lace, sentiment, flowers, pearls and punch)
Creative Inspirations – Brown, Blue & Cream
Stampin’ For The Weekend – Photo/Colour Combo
Stamptacular Sunday – Pearls and Lace


I hope you get chance to join us this week. Don’t forget about my candy which is on the post below ….. good luck!!!!

xxx

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Marcea hun, this is utterly stunning! I love the way you've added the flourish stamp around the edges, it really sets the whole scene off & that image is just adorable.
Great job sweetie mwahhh.
Sheila xx

Veronica Atanacio said...

This is so beautiful, Marcea! It's just perfect. You're amazing =D

Nannieflash said...

Oh Marcea this is gorgeous I love your lace and your beautiful colouring, its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sandra H said...

Marcia, oh this is so beautiful the image is so adorable and coloured beautifully too:) Sandra H

julie_woolston said...

Your card is gorgeous Marcea, cute image and colour combo

Hugs Julie x

Céline said...

fab card, love the combo and papers! cute image
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Denise said...

Gorgeous card - such a sweet image. Love your stamping around the image - it really does tie it in with the papers. Beautiful lace too.
Denise xx

Jo said...

Beautiful card! Love the lace and it's my fav colour combo!
Jo x

coops said...

so stunning marcea.i love your beautiful blue colours and details and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Arline said...

Aww that is just gorgeous!x

Gunn (Merete) said...

wow, this is stunning. Love this card. Adorable image,beautiful colored in.
And you done a great job with the color combo.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-)

Elizabeth Hart said...

A very lovely card. I was so amazed by how the colors in the flowers matched so perfectly with your image and papers. Fabulous card!Thanks for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge,

sara said...

beautiful card my fave colour combo love that sweet image thanks so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
hugs sara x x

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful colouring and colours on this - gorgeous
Thanks for sharing with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Kathleen said...

Hi Marcea I love your card, gorgeous image coloured beautifully, great to be working together on the paper shelter team
Hugs
Kat x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes