Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Paper Shelter ; Fancy Folds



Hi, I am back and have had a really good sleep so I should be all set for mylast night shift tonight. I have then got 11 days off, woop woop, so expect lotsof cards from me!!!!!!

So it is time for my DT card for The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog and our theme this week is FANCY FOLDS.


10-02.12a


I decided to make a side stepper card and a triangle wedge box. This is the first time I have made a side stepper and have since found tutorials on the internet but I think mine works ok hehe.


10-02.12b


This gorgeous image is 'Cirque' and is available for The Paper Shelter.


10-02.12c


The gorgeous papers are from the Gypsy Sisters paper pack by Kaiser Crafts. I love these pads because you also get diecut borders and elements. I have used one on the insert to write my message.


10-02.12d


A closer look at the sweet image. I didn’t have any ink to put around the edge so I used some eyeshadow lol, it worked really well. Don’t worry, it was a new one – I bought a huge palette of mixed colours to use for my cards.


10-02.12f


And here is my wedge box decorated with the diecut elements.


10-02.12g


These are so easyto make and I should make a lot more I think. I just used my Ultimate Pro ….couldn’t live without it.


So there you go, a long post but I do like lots of piccies to share with you all.


I hope you can join us this week – head over to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog for more inspiration by the DT and also for details of this weeks prize.

Challenges:

The Pixie Cottage – Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations – Anything Goes

Have a lovely day xxxxx

18 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card Marcea, I love the colour tones it's very effective, and the papers are to die for.

Hugs Julie x

Dianne said...

I love your sidestep card. The dp and image are fabulous. The little box is also wonderful! Enjoy your time off - look forward to seeing more creations.

Hugs,
Dianne

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow, Marcea this is absolutely beautiful, the paper, step fold, image and colours as well as that gorgeous box is an excellent project.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous card and box bird, love the colour scheme. What a cutie image, she is adorable. Wish I had a bit more courage with bold print papers, your card is stunning (perhaps that's why mine are measly and boring, ho hum). Hugs Sxx

Debbie x said...

OMG!! This is totally awesome!! The hair is amazing - pink!!!! I love everything about it Marcea and your box is scrummy too! You have done a fandabbydozy job!!!! :-) xxx

Donka said...

WOW, wow, wow, ... it is a fantastic card, superbly coloured. xx

Donka said...

WOW, wow, wow. The card is fantastic and superbly coloured. xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Marcea,so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are so beautiful. I love the colours, those papers are lush and fab colouring.

Bee said...

Wow Marcea these are amazing the colours are fab, I made a stepper card yesterday on my ultimate, it really is the bee's knees x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and box Marcea, lovely colours, fab colouring and loving the tip with eye shadow, just fab!!!!

Big hugs Jo xxx

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful Marcea and I love your colour combo the card is so neat, gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxx

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous card here. And such a cute image. It´s really beautiful and you´ve as always colored it sooooo gorgeous. I love how it turned out.
Hugs, Linda

Denise said...

Wow this is stunning. Great step card and gorgeous image and as for those papers - I am loving them and must get me some :0)
Hugs
Denise xx

Kim said...

What a gorgeous card. I love your colouring.

Hugs Kim

Tracey said...

These are fabulous Marcea, I love the colours :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

** Isa ** said...

Hi Marcea, what a fab card, I love the bright cheerful colours x The box is just as gorgeous xxx

Mary Lou said...

Wowwie Marcea~~this is soooo adorable!!! Beautiful colors and love the bright and boldness of your card!!!! Wonderful job on the stepper card and Eyeshadow-hmmm--I never thought of that:D
Hope you had a craft filled wonderful week so far ;)
Hugz and thanks for joining in the fun at The Pixie Cottage!!!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes