Friday 26 March 2010

Just Magnolia - A Sketch


Good morning, yes ... I am still alive even though it has been a week since my last post. I have been really busy trying to get ahead with my DT cards because I have to start writing my next essay for universoty this week which means I am going to be missing for about the next month ... .arghhhhh! I will be around a bit but there will only be minimial crafting going on ... sob! Never mind, once the essay is finished I will be a free woman because that will be all my written work complete :o)
So, it is time for a new challenge on Just Magnolia and we have a fab sketch to follow .... I just love working with sketches!


copics

Dress - YG00, YG03
Boots/Apron - Y00, Y11, Y35
Flowers - BV02
Basket - E31, E33, E35
Hair - E50, E51, E53
Skin - E000, E00, E11, E93, R20, R22


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp - Spring & Glimmer
Charisma Challenges Cardz - Spring has Sprung
Susie's Sassy Designs - Spring Garden
Basic Grey - Tutti Frutti

Allsorts - Spring is in the Air

Crazy 4 challenges - A Spring Card

Secret Crafter - Spring has Sprung


Materials


I have dug an older stamp out this time but she is just so pretty with her basket of flowers don't you think. Now how do you like my new BG papers I picked up at Harrogate last week .... I am just loving the fab colours in this pad sooooooooo much! I have pulled a real selection of flowers out of my stash and are a combo of Crafty Feeling and some old Primas _I think) and even a couple from the days of Poppicrafts (how I loved their blooms). A bit of sparkle from my brads and gems and that's about it. So try to enjoy the bits of sunshine that keep teasing us .... got up to 19 degrees here yesterday which is fab for March ..... felt quite tropical after all the rain we have had.

Catch up with you all soon xxxxxxx


33 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Love the vibrant colours you have used for this beautiful card!! The papers are lovely and are perfect with the flowers xx

Marina said...

This card is absolutely wonderful!
I love the colours and all flowers, the papers are very pretty.

Hugs,
Marina

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous card Marcea and so adorable.
luv
Debby

Terry said...

Hiya Marcea, You're card is absolutely stunning sweetie, beautifull spring colors and you're Tilda is amazing...Thanks for sharing sweetie..Hugs Terry

Squirrel x said...

Wow babes, what a stunner! Tilda is looking fab and those colours are amazing. Simply brilliant. Good luck with the essay sweetie, we'll be missing you (sob), hurry back. Hugs, Squirrel xx

SallyB said...

I love this Tilda with her basket of violets.
The flowers are such a beautiful mix of colours!
Thanks for joining in with Susie's Sassy Challenge.

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
wow hun i luv this totally gorgeous card, fantastic colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, luv it, sue.x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

A beautiful spring time card Marcea! Love the fun colors and that you flipped the sketch! Beautiful details and coloring. Hope you have a nice weekend hun. :)

Kimberly S said...

Love those warm Spring colors and the adorable image! Such a gorgeous card Marcea! :)

Angela said...

Marcea, this is just beauitful!! Love Tilda!! I havw some Tilda stamps... just wish I had more time to play!! This last month has been just crazy busy!! I hope you are doing well!!
Hugs:)
Angela

P.S. I forgot to email you on hte copic colors I used for the blush on the image you asked me about!! SO SORRY!!! Here they are!!
R83,RV21,RV02 and RV000, just a little of each one(Very lightly) I wanted more of a pink look and not so much reddish, orangeish, pink.

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Susie’s Sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

HazelQ said...

Cute card Marcea! I love the bright and fun colors :)
Hugs
Hazel

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Marcea this is so gorgeous I love the floral display you have made I must get out my neglected Magnolias and have a go xxx Hugs Pascale

Anonymous said...

I love all the flowers! Tilda is so cute and beautifully colored in those vivid hues! What a lovely spring card. Best of luck with your essay-writing!
Hugs,
April

Debs said...

Hi Marcea
As the sentiment says 'totally perfect' - fabulous card. Thanks of sahring it with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Stacey said...

Gorgeous Marcea! Loving the colours you have used and your shading is as perfect as ever. Hope to see you in the land of craft soon my lovely ~x~

Irena said...

Gorgeous card :)

Danni said...

Love the flowers/colors you used! Fabulous card!

Susie Sugar said...

this is a totally perfect card Marcea love the colours and the sweet image
Thanks for playing Susie's sassy Challenge this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

Julie said...

So wonderful - I love the bright, zingy colours, sooo pretty!! Juliexx

Juls said...

Fab, Love the bright zingy colours! Hugs Juls

Mina said...

stunning card Marcea love thos colours...good luck with the essay and have a brilliant weekend
Mina xxx

Vee said...

Wow!! Stunning card I love the bright juicy colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Net said...

How sweet Marcea! What lovely colours.

Love that paper, I managed to get the last pad myself.

Have fun with your essay!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marcea, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and the flowers look amazing. Good luck with your essay - come back soon. Thanks for sharing with us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Yogi said...

very pretty card and coloring

Diane Louise J said...

this is such a beautiful card xx

Annika said...

All the best for you with the essay and fingers crossed! Will miss you while you're gone.
Gorgeous card as always, love how your colouring gives the transparent feel of watercolour! And how come purple looks gorgeous on your cards and absolutely ewww on my cards! :(

TFS
Hugs
Annika

Leanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, wow a really stunning combination of colours and a beautifully coloured image. Fabulous card. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Timcso said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Beautiful the colours, the papers and the flowers! Love the image!:)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

Nicola said...

Fabulous colouring on sweet Tilda and such awesome floral detail too, love these papers and your take on the sketch.
xx Mum xx

thread-bare said...

Lovely card hun & the blog looks good too xx Clare x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes