Monday 8 March 2010

Crafts & Me DT card and a bit of waffle too!


Good morning everyone. I know I was supposed to post over the weekend but it has been so hectic here that my 'special' project will be up in a day or two. We have had an exciting weekend, as many of you know Ryan , my son plays for Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Brass Band , one of the best bands in the world!! Anyway, it was the regional finals yesterday and they did AMAZING and have qualified for the National finals which will be held in the Royal Albert Hall in October - they were so brilliant, I am so proud of him and what he has achieved so far at only 16 years old! We are all tired today, we didn't get home til around 1 am but it was all worth it!

Now I have that out my system here is my card, lol ....


Copics

Hair/scales - YR16, YR20, Y35, Y38
Clothes/tail - G000, G00, YG41, BG34
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20
Lips - R85
Stars - BV31, V15
Background - RV000, V12


Challenges

Simon Says - Mothers Day/Girly
Hanna and friends - Sketch
Paper Play - Just Because ...
Alphabet Challenge - Stamping
Fussy & Fancy - Movies ...'Mermaid / Splash'
Stamp SOmething - Something Girly
Totally Papercrafts - Mother's Day/Special Lady
Cupcake Craft - Flower Power



Are you drooling yet over this beautiful Sweet Pea Stamp .I just love her so much as I do all of the images by Ching-Chou Kuik. This beauty is called Spring Luna and is available as asingle stamp or as a set of 4 with 2 sentiments on Sheet 8, plate 30. Did you also know that Crafts & Me is the only place you can buy these beautiful stamps from in the UK. Teresa has lots of wonderful new stamps in stock and there are more available onpre-order so pop over for a look whenyou get chance, you will not be disappointed! The gorgeous flowers are a real selection from the bloom kits which you can also subscribe to at Crafty Feeling. As I already mentioned the lovely sentiment is from Sweet Pea Stamps and my paper is another fab one from Papermania. Gems and brads from my stash and I have used my good old faithful MS DoilyLace border punch from Dies to Die For. Tracy has a huge range of Punches available and her prices are very competitive so do have a look!
Right, that's it from me ... off for a spot of retail therapy ..... gutted because I was supposed to be going to see Lady Gaga tonight but the concert was rescheduled last week because of a 'logistical error'. I am so upset because I have really been looking forward to it. It has been moved to the end of May so a few more weeks to wait. I am sure a new pair of shoes etc will cheer me up, lol ..... catch you all later xxx

39 comments:

Jane said...

WOW!!! Marcea this is incredible!!! OMG I love it!! the image, your colouring and the stunning colours it is gorgeous!!! Congratulations to your Son and the Colliery band too, that is fantastic you must be so excited and proud!! hugs, Jane xxx

gina g said...

Hiya hun sounds like you had a fab weekend, i love your latest creation its beautiful and such gorgeous colours too. Congrats to your Son welldone. luv gina xx

thread-bare said...

Gorgeous card hun & well done to Ryan & the band.... xx Clare x

Andrea C said...

this is such a gorgeous card, and the stamp is beautiful, the colouring is brilliant, oh and congrats to your talented boy xx

Deirdre said...

Congrats to your son and his bandmates - bet they are thrilled.

Your card is just AMAZING. Love the colours you used.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week and especially as it was the first time I set the challenge - a big thank you from me. ♥

Nicola said...

Woo hoo and off to the Royal Albert Hall you go - again!!! Huge congratulations to Ryan and all the band - what a brilliant result.
Yes I am drooling over this lush image, whilst I think your colouring can never get better ... this one sure knocks my socks off. Your paper, punched borders and floral detail are gorgeous and this sentiment is fab. A truly sensational creation Marcea, enjoy your retail therapy cos you sure have earned it.
xx Mum xx

Joey said...

Hiya Marcea

That is FANTASTIC!!! Congrats to your son and all members of the band, what an honour!x

Your card is beautiful a stunning image, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts.

Joey.x

Jo Nevill said...

Many congrats to Ryan and the band. I used to play a cornet in a very good brass band down here many moons ago and loved it and its such a buzz when you do well in compos or even come out first ! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Just love your card Marcea, the colour combo, image and your gorgeous colouring.

I was thinking about you and Lady GaGa and was wondering when you were going. Such a shame but at least you will get to see her.

Take care,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

amanda stokes said...

Beautiful card,love the colour combo
hugs amanda xx

craftymum said...

Hi Marcea. This is so beautiful. Congrats to your son too
Love sarah XXX
p.s. You don't look old enough to have a 16 year old son!

zonnenplume said...

This card is really gorgeous!
I like the colours and the image!
thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and friends!
Hugs
Bärbel

Nannieflash said...

Wow Congratulations to your son, and I do hope he has great fun when he gets to the Albert Hall, what a experience for him at such a young age.
I do love your card its beautiful and the colour is my favourite so Im rather bias. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is just stunning!! I love the colors and the image is just fantastic!! Thanks so much for joining this week at Stamp Something!! HUGS

Angela said...

Marcea, this is just beautiful!! A color choice I have never used but you and Mag have pulled it off beautifully!! Congrats to your Son and the band!! I bet you are a pround Momma!!! It's so hard to watch them grow up so fast. My DD is 16 she has a boyriend, Oh My GOSH!!! But she has the mind of a grown woman!! I hope I raised her right! I still have to stop and pinch myself that I'm 35 not 25 anymore!!
I can't wait to see more of your creations!! Now I'm off to see waht I have missed..
Hugs:)
Angela

Crafteezee said...

Fabulous news for your Son. I play the flute and used to play for County and even went to Germany once to play. That's really exciting for him, I hope he follows his dreams. Gorgeous card, and soooo well coloured. I have just posted my first sweet pea card, many more to come. Hugs Tracy x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia, many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet challenge blog :)

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your card is amazing ! Love the rich colours and the fancy tag. The image is gorgeous and your colouring fab ! Smiles from Catherine

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
WOW your card is totally stunning, your colouring is fantastic, luv the colours.

Congratulations to your son & the band, how fantastic, i wish them all the best in the final.

Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Kimba-Slydog said...

Wow!!!!Such a wonderful card!!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.

Hugs,
Nicole

Annika said...

Your weekend sound fun, albeit exhausting. Huge congrats to you and your son, you must be over the moon!

I don't think I've seen those stamps before but wow, you are doing them a great justice, girl. Gorgeous colouring and I love the colour scheme. Yummy!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors Marcea !!! This is just a stunning creation !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow this card is really wonderful! Beautiful colours and a great image.
Hugs Jacqueline

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! I love that image and your colours are perfect!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris & the DT

Anonymous said...

These colors are so rich and beautiful together! The papers and flowers are perfect with the perfectly colored image--I love this card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Donna said...

Super sweet little card Marcea, gorgeous choice of papers and colours and a fab image...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow!!!!! your colouring is stunning! Love your beautiful card!

DeeDee said...

What a beautiful card. And your coloration is perfect!

Thank you for joining us at Hanna and Friends!

Hugs from Germany,
Diana

Anonymous said...

OOhh wow! A perfect Card!!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs,

Susanne
Hanna & Friends Team

CraftyC said...

Its stunning Marcea and I love the colours. Hats off to Ryan, you must be so proud!!
Clairexxx

Kerry said...

OMG Marcea totally gorgeous card. The colouring is amazing xx

Lesley said...

Wonderful card! Lovely image and colouring. Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

kelly ledder said...

Fab card, love this image it is amazing xx

Little K Smith said...

Hi Marcea
An absolutely stunning card, love the colours. I've just found these stamps the other day and ordered a couple, had to limit myself as I need the new LOTV stamps too!
Well done to your son and hope you find some fab new shoes to cheer you up!
Kelly.x

Kiki said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card.

Thanks for playing with us at Hanna & Friends.

Hugs, Kiki

Mel X said...

This is gorgeous Marcea. Love the image and coloured so beautifully.

Congratulations to your son and the rest of the band, bet they're over the moon! Wishing them the best of luck in the Nationals.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts, hope we see you again real soon.

Mel X

Stacey said...

Go gorgeous Marcea - love this image. Your colouring is spot on and I just love the colour combo. Huge congrats to you little fella! ~♥~

Krista said...

Beautiful card! Love the dramatic colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Tasha said...

Wow stunning Marcea - love the image and the colourwork
love tasha xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes