Saturday 13 March 2010

2 projects and not a piece of paper in sight!

Hi, how is your weekend so far? I hope it is relaxing for you and that you are having a nice relaxing, stress free time. Last week Ipromised to share with you all a project that I had been working on and I have finally got around to getting my photos taken etc. This is very different for me ..... no paper in sight! I decided to make a 'bag for life' for my 2 nieces and I had a great time making them. They are really easy to make and all you need is some fab products from Photo Paper Direct , a printer and an iron.

I chose a digi image I wanted to use and then set to work colouring it. Please excuse the rubbish pictures - I couldn't wait another day to get the photos and the colours are much brighter IRL. Now, what you must remember to do is to flip your image (yes, I forgot, lol), creating a mirror image before printing it out onto some T-Shirt transfer paper . You then just arrange your design onto a printable cotton bag and then iron it on .... easy peasy! You could really go to town decorating these bags with buttons, ribbon and all sorts .... there are no limits at all.


I have used an adorable digi image from CC Designs for Emily, isn't she pretty. What is really important though when using images is to check the angel policy very carefully. Please, please respect the artist's wishes and do not use the images unless you are certain it is ok to do so.



I had a series of very lovely emails with the fabulous Mo Manning and I am ever so grateful she agreed to allow me to use one of her images for my project. So remember to always ask if in doubt and gives these talented artists the respect they so deserve! Thankyou Mo!

Challenges

By the Cute & Girly - Spring is in the air (Emily's bag)
Cupcake Craft - Flower Power (Emily's bag)
Die Cut Dreams - No flowers allowed (Hannah's bag)
Stamp with Fun - Spring (Emily's bag)
Flutter By Wednesday-Open Challenge (Emily's bag)
Dare U 2 Digi- No patterned paper (both bags)
Totally Papercrafts - Things with Wings(Emily's bag)
Scrappy Frogs - Challenge yourself- (both bags)
Secret Crafter - Anything Goes (both bags)



And that's your lot!!! I think I will get back to my bits of paper and glue again but wow, what a great fun thing to do. Hope you enjoyed looking. I can't wait to give the girls these tomorrow - I hope they like them!

I would just like to wish all the UK mums a Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow - hope you get spolied rotten!

27 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely idea for the kids.They all use bags, so why not make them their own.
Sue

CraftyC said...

Well done Marcea, these are fab projects and I'm sure your nieces will love them!
Clairexx

Anne said...

These are fab!!! What a lovely idea:) Did you buy the bags ready made or sew them yourself?
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week.
Anne x

clare said...

Wow..hun these are just fab...so love the images you have used..and im sure your nieces will love them..and thanks for giving me the inspiration to try it out..as ive had the cotton bags from hobby craft and the t-shirt transfer paper from wilkinson for months..but never got round to trying them out..i first seen this done on to babies bibs at xmas time..and thats what made me buy it all...but as you know..we all buy things and never get round to using them..never enough hours in the day..lol so thanks for sharing them hun xx

And also happy mothers day to you hun xxx hugs clare xx

Susie Sugar said...

Great bad Marcea really beautiful work , thanks for playing our no flowers allowed challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

Liza said...

These are gorgeous Marcea, your nieces will love them.

Liza x

Unknown said...

You have done a great job on these bags, I just love them!! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs!! Hugs, Stephanie

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
wow those bags look fantastic, i use to do a lot with T-shirts, great fun. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrfats this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Nicola said...

These are brilliant Marcea, Emily and Hannah will love them and have joy showing off their "posh new bags" to their pals. I could see these going down a bomb with school kiddies - their own personal bags to carry books, sheet music etc.
Happy Mother´s Day dear daughter.
xx Mum xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, These are fab! Such a lovely idea and I am sure your nieces will love them. Think I might do one for my daughter.

Lisa x

Donna said...

Beautiful bags Marcea and such great gifts too! THanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake & DU2DS :) Donna x

Susie Sugar said...

Oops sorry Marcea I meant bag .....your not bad (now your mum that's another story ) after leaving 100 comments I was flagging a bit !!
Your Bag is beautiful darling
Have a great mothers day
Hugs Susie xx

Helen said...

Wow - these are fab Marcea!
Great gift idea!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Mummylade said...

it's lovely! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

Nicola said...

Lol at Susie, what´s she like! Luverly just like these bags. Thank you so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams. If I had a brain I would be dangerous as I should have thanked you in my previous post. Hope to see you join in again soon.
xx Mum xx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful spring bags!! love the cute images !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Christine said...

Hi Marea stunning bags thanks for joining us at SCSC

Christine xx

Kimberly S said...

Oh my, these are so fun and just beautifully done! What a wonderfully creative, and fabulous set of bags to be shown off. Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Sarah said...

They are fantastic, so creative, your neices will LOVE them!!!

Danni said...

This is so clever! So fun!! Love 'em! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Angela said...

These are just too cute and I be t they will love them!! You have been really busy!! These are great gift ideas!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Micki said...

ooohhhh I have this stamp too from Mo.... I so need to pull it out and play with it (sigh....never enough time) Your projects are fab! Love the bags..... love 'em! :-)

pinky said...

What a fantastic idea, love these bags, so bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

Joey said...

Hi Marcea

oh my gosh I want one!!! lol, these bags are gorgeous your neices will adore them, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts

Joey.xxx

Tasha said...

Wow these are fabulous, they make the perfect gift
love tasha xx

Sandra said...

Great bags Marcea. What a refreshing change to see something other than cards. Your nieces will adore these. What lucky girls to have an Aunty as talented as you.
Thanks for joining us on our 'No patterned paper' challenge over on DU2DS.
Sandra x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes