Friday 4 December 2009

Just Magnolia Special Monthly Challenge

Good morning everyone and it is time for our special monthly challenge on Just Magnolia . It's a special time of the year and we all have special people in our lives so what you need to do to qualify for the amazing prize is make a card for Someone Special. That's it - nice and easy at this busy time of the year. The winner will be chosen by Random Generator next week so to be in the running all you need to do is ensure you have at least one Magnolia image on your card and link your card (not your blog) in Mr Linky and have your card posted by 10 pm UK time next Thursday 10th December.



More lovely new stash that I bought at the NEC - I have to admit I really do adore this years christmas collection - every stamp and each paper is just fabulous. I set myself a mini challenge and only used my 'E' copics - really pleased with the results - a nice change from my usual bright shades. I can't tell you who my card is for because she might read it here but she is an amazing lady and I am so happy to be sending her this card from me :o)



The old stickles is still in use (told you Kim that I would keep it going, lol) and I don't know if you can see the papers clearly but they show the music and words for Silent Night - my favourite christmas song. I am thinking that I may chalk around the edges of the image now just to take away the whiteness of the card - we'll see how I feel about it later.



Challenge list my card fits....
Papertake Weekly - Sketch #29

This is the last card you will see from me until next Friday. I am having a couple of weeks off Penny Black and Anyone for Anya. I have an assignment due in a few weeks at university and I need to concentrate on my writing instead of crafting :o(
It is very difficult to let the teams down but I really do have to put my studies first. You will still see cards from me for my 'official' DTs but that will be all. Can I just say a great big thankyou to all of you who visit my blog and leave me such wonderful comments. This really does mean so very much to me and I really do appreciate each and every one of you so very much indeed.
Have a fabulous week xxxxxxx

30 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Amazing card Marcea, love the softness of the colours you have chosen. Tilda looks stunning and the backing paper is perfect. Simply gorgeous hun. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Jane said...

This is stunning Marcea! I love how you've coloured Tilda in just E's, so beautiful and the detail on the dress is amazing! Gorgeous details too, hugs, Jane xx

Nicola said...

Wow what a stunning card Marcea. I love your use of the "E"´s - so soft and delicate. These papers are gorgeous and so complimentary and your charm is so pretty.
xx Mum xx

thread-bare said...

Lovely colours you have used here hun xx Clare x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea gorgeous card, I love the colours they are beautiful and the bps are stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

cats whiskers said...

This is fabulous hun, just adore the coloir scheme and yoru great colouring. Have a fab weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Lovely card sweetie! The colors and earth tones are very pretty with all your accents and that sweet image. Love the charm detail too. :)

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Marcea. I also have the silent night paper but cant bring myself to cut into them just yet, maybe next year lol. Good luck with the studies and cant wait to see more of your lovely creations!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow this is So Gorgeous!!..the coloring and papers are Fabulous!
Love all details you added.
Have a nice weekend.

Hugs Jannie

maxine said...

This is beautiful Marcea

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a lovely card, super cute!
Great colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

Victoria said...

beautiful hunny, the e-copics worked a treat!

Victoria
x

lisa said...

This is a beautiful card Marcea. I love the music background.
Hope your week of studying goes well.

Lisax

Danni said...

How creative with the background! Gorgeous!

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Marcea
The colours and your colouring are just beautiful.

Karen x

Marina said...

This is just beautiful!
I love the papers, too and your great colouring and details and design are fantastic.
Have a fab week, too,

hugs,
Marina

Helene said...

I think you card is perfect like that!
it's so sweet, the colors are great. I'm sure the person who'll received this one will really be happy!

Hugs
Xxx

Janet said...

Wow! Beautiful! xx

Tasha said...

Wow you rocked the E pallet didnt you! Looks fantastic Marcea! Love the paper and the flower to finish - its stunning
love tasha xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Marcea, this is just darling.

sparklybitsblog said...

hya hun what a beautiful card hope your well its been ages thanks for the comment on my blog very much apreciated x mandy

Riet said...

Ohh Marcea,what a beautiful card, i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Andrea said...

sooo gorgeous

Net said...

I like that! I've just coloured the same image in almost the same shades!

Yours looks fab - love that paper.

Margaret, said...

Hi Marcea
Lovely looking at your blogs yes im hooked great cards
Margaret Scrappy cards

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi Marcea
thanks 4 poppin by on my blog.. been ages ....hope everything is goin ok with you.... might be popin down to nec next year so watch out...lol...!!! can i ask where you get your little dangley bits that you hang your charms on please... they look great... and what a wonderful card... who ever receives it will love it...!!!
kaz_za

Marley said...

amazing card and STUNNING colouring!! I've became a follower.. hugss marley

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Marcea and good luck with your assignment. hugs Jo x

Anne said...

A adorable card Marcea! Beautiful coloured image. =)

Good luck with your studies!!

Hugs, Anne

Pauline C said...

Hiya Marcea - wonderful card hun. Love this sepia colour scheme, and i do agree the magnolia Xmas papers are totally wonderful .... I bought a few myself and only wish i had bought more!! Good luck with the assignment hun - hope all is going well. Looking forward to seeing you back with the PBSC Dt when things settle down :-)
Hugs
Pauline x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes