Sunday 13 December 2009

Guess who has been crafting ....

...... not me that's for sure!!! I am having serious withdrawl symptoms though let me tell you!!! A couple of weeks ago I promised my little niece Emily that she could come and spend some time making cards with me and she made sure I kept my promise bless her. She has been so excited for over a week that I just had to put my work to one side for a few hours.




Emily let me know that she wanted to make christmas cards for her mummy, daddy and big sister Hannah - looked like some serious crafting was needed. I have been sorting a lot of my crafty stuff out for her and she has her own craft drawer now (along with all my stash at her disposal, lol) to play with.



I am amazed how straight this little cutie can place peel offs - she is only 5 and didnt even get tangled up in them!! Poor little Emily had a rotten cold too but she was determined to get her cards made!! I had to guard my copics with my life rofl, I love her dearly but use my copics - good taste but no way young lady!!!



Here she is with the finished products - how brilliant are these! I only helped with the MS punch and cuttlebug but she HAD to turn the handle, lol .... so independant! Interestingly she chose all Whiff of Joy images - they are so appealing to all ages don't you think.



As you can see .... more is more!!! Another embellisment addict - aahhhh, a chip of the old block. So funny too that Emily had to have flowers, brads and spacers on her cards - what can I say, she is a natural. After this photo Emily decided that the dog needed a card too so she made a quick one for Patch - what a pro, lol. We both really enjoyed our afternoon and are both totally shattered now.
I hope to be back crafting in another week - assignment due to be handed in next Monday. I cannot wait to be back here with you all ... missing you loads xxx

14 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Awh, looks like one special young lady had a wonderful afternoon! What a lovely Auntie Marcea you are hun! We're missing you too babe, so hurry up with that assignment :oD Hugs, Squirrel xx

lisa said...

This little lady definitely takes after your side of the family in the talent department, her cards are gorgeous. Definitely, more is more!!
Glad you had a great day.

Lisax

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww what a cutie, obviously has her aunties talent, love your cards - just found your blog by accident - thanks for the inspiration XXXX

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh wow, hasn't Emily done well. Her Mummy, Daddy and sister will be made up to receive the cards she has made for them.
Clare x

Risa said...

Hi Marcea,
From the looks of it, your entire family is talented! Your nieces cards are fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

Nannieflash said...

Seems to me you are going to have to lock away all your best goodies or a certainly little lady is going to expect to use them. Her cards are brilliant for a 5 year old, but with you as her tutor she had the best teacher helping her. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jules said...

Hi Marcea

Emily looks a lovely little girl - and how lucky she is to have a craft draw in your craft space.

Looks like she enjoyed her craft session - I bet you are her hero.

Hope that assignment is finished soon!!!

Love Jules xx

Jo said...

Ah, she is so sweet and what a clever little lady, so talented!! You must be proud of her! Jo x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a little cutie your Niece is Marcea (love the cards she made), and doesn't it give you a great feeling to pass your crafty knowledge onto the young ones. I know what you mean about the Copics though - I hide mine before the grandchildren arrive!
Have a great week - love, Sylvia xxx

nessy said...

looks like fun was had by all young ladies crafting!! what a fab auntie you are!!
hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas time
vanessa xx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

LOVE these photo's! I can understand you both had some fun. I also love to craft with my nieces :) And she sure is a natural!! Good luck with all the stuff going on.

Liefs, Renata

Dragonlady said...

What a talented young lady, she obviously takes after you.

Just had to become a follower love your work!

Hugs Ali x

PS Hope my Emily is as talented - she is 3 and a handfull!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Emily this is gorgeous.
I love your beautiful card.
So much talent!!!
Have a nice day

Hugs Jannie

Nicola said...

Awe Emily is such a cutie and her cards are gorgeous. I will have to make a package up for her with all the stuff I never use as I am sure she would enjoy them.
xxMumxx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes