Saturday 11 July 2009

PBSC/ My son on BBC Radio 2 / Singalong Saturday


Good morning my fellow bloggies and how are you all today? Looks as though we are in for a nice day so the washing is on the line and the next load is already on. I hope you all manage to squeeze a little crafting time in and come play with us on PBSC. The theme this week is fab ....... SWIRLS!


I have used this fab paper from Designer Extreme Volume II CD by Bearly Mine Designs and it is just perfect for this weeks challenge. I adore purples and lilacs so used this colourway through the whole card.




The swirls were punched with my EK success punch which I love!!!! Finishing it all off with some scrummy flowers and little gems from my stash.



Even an insert from me this week and why not ..... I used the Designer Inserts Extreme CD from BMD. So easy - just print, trim and stick .... perfect every time :o)
EDITED - I have had a few questions asking me if this is a new nestie - the answer is no - it is part of the insert design ... now isn't that clever!


-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
First of all I would just like to tell you about my son (again .... sorry!). The brass band he plays with were on BBC Radio 2 last night so of course I have to share this with you. Here is the link to hear them play . You will need to move the start slider to 6 minutes .... the previous programme is on at the start of the i player
-x-x-x-

Time for another blast from the past .... turn up the volume girls and have a good old sing ...... enjoy




28 comments:

Fern said...

Wow Marcea, i love your swirly card, the flowers look fabulous, and what a gorgeous insert!

Fern xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Marcea,love the colours. Congratulations to your son for being on Radio 2!!

Have a great weekend.

Jackie x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great card again, love the little accents on the imagecircle.

Warmest regards, Renata

Nicola said...

Wow what a beauty Marcea, I adore this image and your wonderful colouring and these papers are gorgeous. Loving your purple combo and beautiful flowers and your insert is so pretty too. Is this a new nestie? xxx

Nicola said...

Oops meant to say the band are brill, I really enjoyed listening. xxx

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Marcea - love the colouring and papers - and hey how did you do that brilliant scalloped bit on the insert? Is there a new nestie shape I have missed lol?? Am just listening to the boys' band in the background here - superb! :-)Hope you have a great weekend hun.
Pauline x

Rach said...

this is a beautiful card fabulous papers and a beautifully coloured image, gorgeous sweetie. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card - love the swirls, I have that CD will need to explore it more !

listened to your son's band, wow !
I learnt to play brass from 10 until 16 but never practised enough...if only I did !think my tenor horn is gathering dust under the stairs somewhere !

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, hope you've had a good day... oh this is fabulous, love the gorgeous purples and adorable image.. Congrats on your son... and love the tune this week.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Victoria said...

Adorable Marcea. i love this cute image and your swirls are fab! You must be such a proud mummy, hearing your boy on the radio! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Beth said...

I'm glad someone is having nice weather, it's grey and drizzly here - yuck! Such a gorgeous card! I love this stamp and the papers are fab!
Beth xx

Terry said...

Yes Yes Marcea, just wonderfull your card AND offcourse beautifull colours hun, my favourite....wowie.....hugs terry

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful card Marcea and I love the layout and the colours are my favourite.
Hugs Linda

Sally said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and that image is one of my favorites.

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Marcea!!..and your son's brass band music is lovely...so relaxing...I love it!..Thanks for sharing!!...Hugs, Ila

Kath Stewart said...

truly gorgeous Marcea...love the purple and lilac........enjoy the rest of the weekend...Big Hugs Kath xxxx

nessy said...

wow what an amazing card marcea ~love all the swirls and detail ~scrummy colours too.
how exciting your son on the radio.
no i`am sorry but this week i am not going to listen to your blast from the past ~cause i will be singing it all day (yet again) driving the family mad!!! ha ha!!
vanessa xx

Jenni said...

Gorgeous card Marcea - I love the colour scheme and the swirls and flowers are perfect!
Jenni x

Carole said...

Fabulous card Marcea, such a pretty colour you've used.
Congrats to your son!
Hugs
Carole x

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea.
The image is adorable, love your beautiful coloring, the colors and your fab details.

Karen x

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Marcea, beautiful colouring and the swirly papers are yummy. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning dear, what a great image and fab colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Nannieflash said...

Wow Marcea, what a fantastic card, I love your image and the papers really do a lovely job of showing it of. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

stephanne said...

Hi Marcea, your card is beautiful, love the lilac purple colours and the papers and flowers are lovely.
Too pretty.
Stephanne

Unknown said...

Awww this is gorgeous Marcea, love the lilac/purple colour theme and the image is so cute. Gorgeous flowers too!!

Joanne x

Sheila said...

Fantastic card hun, just love all thos swirls & of coz my fave colour too :, the band sound fantastic!! you must be one very proud Mum.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card Marcea, great pb mouse and your coloring is fabulous. Love all the swirls and flowers, and great insert.
hugs
Donna xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes