Wednesday 29 October 2008

Bump in the night ... Penny Black (and quite a bit of orange too)


This week on Penny Black it is not only a challenge week but also a design team call. They want to see spooky hallowe'en cards. No problem you may say. So .... do I have any hallowe'en stamps .... er nope! Hallowe'en backing papers .... no. Black embellishments etc ... not really. Oh dear, I really had to get my thinking cap on for this one because I really wanted to take part. Luckily one of my wonderful cratfing buddies had sent me this image recently so I was able to make it a bit more hallowe'en like by using lots of orange, lol. My new flower punch that I bought on Sunday also proved very useful (I can see this little beauty paying for itself in no time). I can't believe I haven't used any backing papers at all - just shows what you can do when you try. I am going to pop this in the post for my nieces in the morning with lots of sweeties - hopefully they should get it on Hallowe'en morning!
Image coloured with prismas, swiuss dots embossing folder, flowers punched with x cut retro flower punch, ribbon and brads from stash, gems from Sally

21 comments:

Alison said...

Fab card Marcea.

Diane.W. said...

Great card!Very girly,your nieces will luv it :o)x

Anonymous said...

Ooh what a fabulous card with great colours. I need this punch too.
Nicola xxx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Marcea and love how you adapted what you had for the theme - great work
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

clare said...

its a great card hun...good thinking about the stamped image..i know how it feels..ive no halloween stamps aswell...lol
but anyway you've done fab on this card..good luck with challenge :-)
hugs clarex

Dawny P said...

I love that flower punch - gorgeous or what!!! Fab image and beautifully coloured as well - it's a great card Marcea xxxx

cats whiskers said...

brilliant idea to use her she looks just right, love this card and good luck with the Dt Challenge Hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Poppy said...

shes lovely.
poppy.
x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow marcea this is such a striking card, love the bold colours! its lovely hun. Hope you've had a good evening. Hugs Linda x

tracie said...

oh Marcea this is great, love this girly image and she looks fab in orange and black - ready for her Halloween Party !!
Great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us this week, good luck with DT :)x

Mrs Wonka said...

This is spookytastic! I love it x

Bev said...

Oh it's brilliant sweetie - lurve the colours, they work so well with the image. Brilliant!!

hugs Bev x

Emma said...

Brilliant and what a lovely auntie you are...
Emma x

Zoe said...

Oh Marcea, I adore this card!! I have been snooping on your blog for a while but i am one of those *shy* ones that never leaves a comment - i couldnt wait any longer to comment though - all of your creations are superb!! I adore them all!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, yummie colours and fab take on the challenge.. must have a go! ;)

Hugs, Marlene x

jjcreations said...

Awesome card - I love the black accents. Joan

CraftyC said...

A great card Marcea, and its not halloween (lol)
Clairexx

nessy said...

wonderful card ~just love the image ~and great bright orange ~ good luck!!
vanessa xx

thread-bare said...

What a brilliant way to get round an occassion. Adore this card. Have something for you on my blog xx

Beth said...

This is fab! I love all the orange! Thanks for joining in this week! xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Congratulations on making the DT team...I would have loved to have made this one!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes