Friday 23 July 2010

Just Magnolia - Vintage


 Morning and woohoo, Friday at last! Gee, it sounds like I wish mylife away butyou know what the first week back at work is like after your hols. It has actually been ok so I shouldn'tgrumble and I am going out tonight with my wonderful husband :o)
This week on Just Magnolia I actually groaned when I saw the theme .... only because it is so out of my comfort zone. We want to see VINTAGE themed creations. Now I just usually do nice bright colours and to be honest I wasn't really sure what I should do for my card.


In the end I decided to try and make my card look like an old photograph, so lots of sepia type tones instead of my usual brights! I actually really enjoyed making my card so it just shows it is always really good to try something new.



I have used Magnolia's 'Newly Weds Bridal Couple' from the Wedding Collection and teamed it up with some of my very first papers I bought ...  Papermania's Elegance Collection. I have distressed the edges of all my papers with the amazing Tim Holtz Paper Distresser - OMG how did I ever manage without this great little tool!! Bet you know where my flowers are from ... yep Wild Orchid Crafts ... thanks Paul and Siri, I love them! I have covered my heart with pearls which was punched using Martha Stewarts Lace Scallop Heart Punch - love this punch.


 I have also entered my card into the following challenges .....

Creative Craft Challenges - Here comes the Bride
Creative Inspirations - Use old stash ... papers


23 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow stunning creation Marcea, you have sure hit the "vintage" to perfection. Fabulous colouration which looks just like all the old photographs I have, simply perfection.
Love your pearl details on the gorgeous heart and as always your floral detail is beautiful.
Congratulations being published, WTG girl!
xx Mum xx

Marley said...

Very beautiful Marcea!! Love the vintage look xx Marley

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Marcea, love the colours and the way you've embellished the heart!
Clairexx

Sue said...

a really stunning card and i love the vintage look

thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathy said...

Pretty card Marcea!! Love your vintagey look! The coloring is brilliant and your distressing is perfect!
Hope you have a wonderful week-end :)Kathy

Scatty Cards said...

A gorguss card, thanks for joining in at creative craft challenge, good luck
xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Marcea. love this vintage look, great papers ans details, thanks for joining us at creative craft, hugs Liz xx

Cor* said...

This is gorgeous!! I too groaned with dispair after seeing the Vintage theme. I don't do vintage!! lol. You had me at the Tim Holtz site too ( I need one) then remembered I needed to leave you a comment.....haha. I love your card, Coloring is fab and all those pearlss!! YAY!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time round. Good luck.

jaine drake said...

What a really cute card and I love the little touches of sparkle. Thank you for entering it for this weeks creative inspirations challenge and good luck.

Martine said...

This is sooo pretty darlin, i love the image, you have coloured it wonderfully :), love the gorgeous papers and embellies too darlin :)


xx
Martine

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Marcea, I love the glittery accents on Tilda and I think you have done the vintage look fantasticly!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.

Julye said...

I wish my cards were this good when I did something out of my comfort zone, and vintage would certainly be that, but this is fab. Thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges.

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Marcea :-) the image is adorable and the papers and the sepia colours you used are perfect :-) very 'vintage' :-)


thanks for joining us on the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lou said...

Hi!This is just so lovely,what sweeties they are and gorgeous colours too.
Love the little sparkle-very pretty.
hugs Lou.xx

Terry said...

Hiya sweetie, just love your married couple from Magnolia, wonderfull Vintage card sweet friend. Hugs Terry xxxx

Stampin Mindy said...

Marcea,

This is amazing, I love the colors and the sparkle on her dress. Gorgeous work, Hugs!

Nicki said...

This is wonderful Marcea, the sepia tones work beautifully and your embellishments are gorgeous.

Nicki, xx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card! I love the vintage look.
hugs Jacqueline

Linda said...

Hi Marcea love the vintage photo graph style of your card. I totally agree with you vintage cards take me out of my comfort zone too because I love all things colourful, love Linda

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous! Love the sparkly details! Hugs Juls

Irena said...

Awesome card :)

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
stunning card hun, luv the colours, fabby colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes