Wednesday 10 June 2020

Lockdown Priorities

Hi everyone, how are you holding up. What a tough few months it has been for us all. Lockdown has been so challenging on so many levels. I guess I am lucky to be able to go to work and have some routine in my day to day life but it has been so different to how it was before Covid19.

It has really made me appreciate the little things in life, simple pleasures that I once took for granted. I have to say it seems a long time ago that I could pop round to my parents house for a cup of tea and a natter, cuddle my little grandson or hug my son on his birthday. But through all these challenges there is also happiness and so much kindness to cherish. I think it is safe to say I have been really looking at how I want my life to be - this sounds so deep. I am making time for myself, making sure I have some happy times, distraction from the news - just a bit of me time. Making the most of not having to be anywhere, there is always a positive to every negative.

I am really getting back into my crafting and I am loving it so much. I had forgotten the simple pleasure of making something from scratch. The happiness of creation. 



I guess this means I am kind of back in the land of crafting. I am terrible at updating my blog but I am still here. There are so many other platforms from the old days when I started my blog. Instagram, Youtube, Facebook etc - so many places to share wonderful creations. So if I am not here pop over and see if I am somewhere else - chances are I am.



I better share my card - this is not how I planned my intro but sometimes it's just good to share your thoughts. I coloured this stamped image from The Greeting Farm a few weeks ago but I have only just made it into a card. I always had a soft spot for Anya. I am afraid I cannot remember the name if this stamp so if you know please feel free to comment and put me out my misery. 



I have coloured her with Copics and added lots of Stickles. I had to add some to her hair grip. The papers are from an old KaiserCrafts pad called Gypsy Sisters Collection - I adore this colour combination so much. It is so different from my usual colours. I thought I would add a bit of inking to the edges but it all went a bit wrong. One of my pads had dried out and then the other was still pretty juicy and went a long way lol. Oh well, I still like it. That's why I needed to add the stickles around the edge of the circle - just to try and lift it a little. 



As usual, I had to add a few pearls and bling - I am not sure if I can make a card without one. Ooh, I have just remembered, I added glossy accents to her eyes - I am so pleased with this effect.



Ok, thats it - I am going to see what challenges I can enter ..... I am loving this so much.




Take care everyone and please stay safe.
xxx

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

So true lots of changes this cov19 has created hopefully it will clear soon and we can return to some sort of reality your card and image is so lovely x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes