Tuesday 18 January 2022

MY FIRST CARD IN A WHILE

Hello ..... why am I so nervous? I used to share so many cards but that was such a long time ago. I do feel a little bit proud though that I have created a card and shared it on my blog. My card is definitely old school card making style though lol. I think I have a lot to change to bring me up to date but for now I will stick with what I know and what makes me feel at home.


My stash has stood the test of time so well. I do have a couple of splodgy copics though - I suspect I need to buy a  few new nibs after them being left on the shelf. We would all be a bit temperamental if we had been forgotten about for the best part of a decade.


I am thinking about getting some distress inks though to colour with .... help!! What would be a nice mix of colours to start with? I have been looking at the mini sets and currently have 16 sets in my basket! I clearly need to reduce this down and try them first before investing in so many .... I am all or nothing though lol.


So I should  probably tell you a bit about my card shouldn't I haha. I have forgotten so much but I am fairly sure this cutie is from The Greeting Farm .... isn't it?





I thought I would start with a fairly simple image to colour - my colouring skills are so rusty but I loved colouring her so much. I have added Stardust Stickles (one of my faves) to her wings and created a sparkly floor to ground her. I added some more sparkle with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen to the halo and bow in her hair .... I do love sparkle and bling!





The papers are from an old Bo Bunny 6x6 pad (Crazy Love). I love pink and brown together so much. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the sentiment is from Craftwork Cards (I think). I struggled with my glue ... I think it has split so I will need to pick some more up. I used Glossy Accents to stick the flowers in place. The gems are from Art Studio (is this maybe The Range or Hobbycraft??). 





I think that is pretty much it. It's great to be back. Please be kind ... it's been a while. Thanks if you have kept me on your follow list even though I haven't been posting. See you all again really soon.

Now for some challenges ...




Have a great week

Love Marcea xxx

8 comments:

Pauline C said...

Brilliant Marcea .. you did it !! And with a fab card tooπŸ˜€ you’ve taken the hardest step now so just keep going!!
Pauline xx
PS you have asked about distress inks … I will send you another DM as I have been looking into the, a lot myself πŸ˜€

Zoechaos said...

Well done. I took a long break from paper crafting and blogging, what I did find was how much enthusiasm I had and how quickly fresh ideas came to me. Good luck in your return journey and thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping, good luck xx

Sandra H said...

Your card is so lovely adorable image and l like the layout nice to see your back blogging x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marcea. There's nothing wrong with 'old school style card making' - I love it! Love all the sparkle on there too.
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Lovely you have decided to come back to blogging as your card is lovely and beautifully coloured, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Tracey T said...

Your card is lovely, Marcea. So good to see you back here x

Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the papers and layout, beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours and pretty Greeting Farm image. Thanks for joining in our January 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes